Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze calorie tracking overestimating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi guys , just wondering if anyone has a solution to my problem , Ive had a Fitbit blaze for three days , and everything is working except for the calorie tracking , which is quite important when trying to lose weight , and the app says I've burned over 5000 calories! This is way off as I'm not really that active , I have been working out for 30 minutes everyday, but burning 3000 extra calories seems excessive, I usually burn around 2000 Cals , and when I contacted Fitbit support they said they guess the burn based on the info I put in , but even for a teen , I don't think burning 5000 Cals is right
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I'd go along with fitbit's thoughts. It's worth double checking that your profile settings are correct (age, weight, height etc) as these have a direct affect on your calorie burn calculations. 

https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply , I did as they said and checked the info , double checked , I dodnt change a thing in the settings , and all of a sudden I'm back to burning around 2500 Cals , maybe I had the strap too tight , but I think it's working now
Best Answer
0 Votes