Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Is there a way to add steps if you did lots of walking but were unable to wear your fitbit? I was in a water park walking around for 9hrs how do i log it
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

That is what manually adding an exercise is for, just add the time as walking with an estimate miles walked. 

Note manually added steps do not count towards challanges. 

This and more, including the user manual may be found in the interactive help site, link found below or under the help section on the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same question. I just got off the online chat. There is no way to manually add "steps". It has to be an activity. But if you don't know the distance you walked, you can't add. She said she raised the issue with engineering or something like that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaimienoble You can not add "steps" manually, but you can add an activity on either the app or the dashboard on your computer. On computer open "fitbit dashboard" go to "Recent activities" goto "See More" scroll to very bottom "Log Activities" select what activity or search for type of activity, You will be able to add duration of the activity, the distance if known (if not known you can select intensity level), and you can add estimated calories burned. On the app just select the "person running" figure, in upper right corner is a stop watch, click it, then select "log previous", add exercise type, start time, duration, distance if known, it will calculate the calories burned, select "log it".  I know this is not steps, but at least you can log your activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes