Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze: multiple difficulties to setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all!

I have a Onplus 2 device and just bought the fitbit Blaze, but i'm having lots of trouble setting it up..

First of, when I try to connect it to bluetooth it says Blaze doesn't allow the connection. When I try to do the firmware update it also doesn't work and my fitbit keeps displaying the fitbit.com/setup thing, even when I put it in the charger.

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9
The set up of these units is tiresome at best. From what I remember when setting up mine, persistence was the key. Unfortunately, there is no indication of the state of the setup, just the persistent logo thing. I think I spent 5 hours doing initial setup and update and needed to reboot, delete the app and reinstall it several times.

Does the Blaze show up in your list of devices on your dashboard when viewing from a PC? If not, you'll have to just persist with the setup process, which needs to be done from within the app (including Bluetooth pairing, if I remember correctly). If you've a pairing of the Blaze showing in the OnePlus, try deleting that and starting again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the response! As you said, persistence really is key with these
things 😛 only problem I have left is that it won't connect with my phone
via Bluetooth 😕 got any solutions for this?

Thanks in advance
Best Answer
0 Votes
To be more precise, I've put my settings of my blaze on ' Bleutooth Classic: pair' and when I try to connect with my phone, i see that my phone finds it as Blaze Classic but when I click it, it states that I do not have the right entry code or password (my phone)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the second post @Lamborkrini I wasn't sure what Bluetooth was being referred to. Does a code show up on the Blaze? Confirm there before confirming on the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
On neither of the devices the code shows up, the display of my fitbit Blaze
remains the same. On my phone it first tries to connect to "blaze
(classic)" and then its trying to connect for the next 30-40 seconds and
after that I just get the error that I do not have the correct entry code
or password. But nothing happened on both devices, I didn't have the
possibility to verify a code or something.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Isn't Bluetooth classic just for music? Forgive me for asking but having sold mine I'm a bit rusty on procedure.

I think you'll need to delete any reference to the Blaze in the Bluetooth section of the phone, making sure Bluetooth is switched on, restart the blaze (I think left and bottom right button held together for about 5 seconds?) restart the app on the phone. A number should appear on the Blaze which you'll need to input into the app on your phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes Classic is strickly for music control, but then with many iOS devices music can be controlled through the BTLE. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well the number that comes on the blaze when trying to connect it when I put it in as new device (every bleutooth reference deleted) doesn't worl either, i cant display my phones gps on my blaze, same with text or call notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lamborkrini are we triggering still to the Blaze classic? There should be no number to enter, it only needs to be confirmed on both the Blaze and the phone. 

I'm still not sure if your curent Blaze has been connected to the Fitbit account yet? This has to be done through the app, then the app will pair the Blaze, not the Blaze classic, to the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes