Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze compatibility with phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am about to buy a Fitbit Blaze and i was wondering if the software is or will be compatible with my phone. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner  you need at least Android 8 or iOS 13 to use the Fitbit app. The Blaze was retired in 2018 and replaced by the Versa series. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @SunsetRunner  you need at least Android 8 or iOS 13 to use the Fitbit app. The Blaze was retired in 2018 and replaced by the Versa series. 

Best Answer

Do you mean my phone? My phone is up to date and everything. I know that it was replaced that's why Im wondering if the watches software will be compatible with my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have at least Android 8 or iOS 13 on your phone? If so, it should be fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner   Before you buy that Blaze, you need to be aware of some information.  Fitbit introduced the Blaze in 2016 and discontinued it in 2018.  Any Blaze that you buy has a battery that is likely 4-5 years old.  The type of battery in a Fitbit can get "old" just sitting in a box.  You might not get the performance that you expect.  Also, the Blaze cost $200 (USD) when new.  Paying more than that for a discontinued device just doesn't make sense.  And unless you are buying this Blaze from an authorized retailer, there is no warranty.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

So far I have no issues whatsoever.

Best Answer

Hello @silver_ghost and welcome to the Help forum.  I can see from your profile that you are a new user and I expect your Blaze should work well.  A lithium ion battery has a lifespan of about 3-5 years.  But they degrade over time.  I don't think your Blaze will have a normal battery lifespan.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer