Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze constantly syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze has been working fine only needing a charge ever few days until recently. Within the last 3 days or so the battery now lasts about 2 hours. When I open the app it is constantly syncing. My guess is this is what is killing the battery. Is there any way to turn this off? There used to be an option in the app and now it seems to be gone. The app shows it was updated 6 days ago - about the same time my problem started. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @dkowalcz  syncing is now all day and there is no way to stop it, other than to log out of your app. Reducing the number of notifications might help some if you don't want to log out of the app.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Is this a change in the app they made in the last week? If so they should put it back as an option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been like this for more than a few months.

Best Answer

As of a few days ago, my Blaze isn't holding a charge very well either. I need to re-charge once a day now. I don't think my fitbit is constantly syncing because when I look at the app on my phone, the data is not current before it begins to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
get a new phone or buy a new fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this still happening? I turned off the bluetooth on my iPhone and it has helped conserve by battery a bit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KFS62  the Fitbit sync when there is data to upload to the servers, about every twenty minutes. Have you tried logging out of the app to save more of the battery? 

Best Answer

Well, turning off bluetooth won't help with keeping it on battery life more. Consider urning down your watch brightness and change the 'Heart Rate' setting to 'auto', and conclude the amount of notifications shared from your phone in the fitbit app settings. Those are my reccomendations to preserve more battery life. Otherwise, i dont have a fix idea for the syncing issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DylanPritsker  the Blaze doesn't have the ability to change the brightness level.

Best Answer

It does!

edit: sorry wrong email sent with  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're right @DylanPritsker and I used to have a Blaze. Page 27 of the user manual has it listed. You made me look!

So, how about you come back and remove your personal information (school info) from your post? 

Best Answer

Oop sorry

used wrong email to reply  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DylanPritsker  it happens to a lot of people. Better to be safe on the public forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes