Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze gets smart!!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the Blaze forum is now shut down, I figured this is the only way that I can get some help from the community by posting in its successor product.

After over 5 years of ownership, my Blaze has finally decided to get smart.  I use it only for steps, stairs, pulse and sleep, and as a watch of course - and sometimes for the timers.  That's it.  Now, I'm getting all my notifications from my Android phone that it is synched with: texts, voicemails, emails, etc.  I don't want/need these.  What I really don't want is for it to be vibrating every few minutes while I'm driving and while I'm at work - while it's looking for WiFi.  I only bluetooth between the phone and Fitbit.

I searched all through the watch itself, and through the app, and I cannot find a way to turn this off!

I am most likely going to the competition anyway because the new sleep app is horrible, but in the meantime, maybe I can keep it functional for a couple of months.

I KNEW something was afoot when I had to give permissions to Google Play in order to use the Fitbit app...

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BlazeJC you need to turn those notifications off in the app. I have Android and I just set up a new phone, so I had to go in to tell the app to send those notifications to my Inspire 3. You'll just need to check the settings. here is an article to read about notifications - click to see

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @BlazeJC you need to turn those notifications off in the app. I have Android and I just set up a new phone, so I had to go in to tell the app to send those notifications to my Inspire 3. You'll just need to check the settings. here is an article to read about notifications - click to see

Best Answer

Perfecto!!  "Hold the top right button for 3 seconds."

This should tide me over for a couple months until I can find a competitor's product that does what I need it to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BlazeJC  when I changed phones, I kept the old one, which was Android 9 and it shows me the old app. The new phone has the latest app. So if you have an operating system, below the current requirements, you can have the old app.

Best Answer
0 Votes