Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze is not tracking all my exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Within the last week I have noticed that my Blaze is not tracking my entire workout.  For example, I worked out this am for 60mins and only tracked 14mins!.  I always go to my exercise options on my device and usually pick between workout, cross training or weights. 

I have restarted my device twice and reinstalled the application on my phone.  I have made sure the bottom of the device is clean as well.  Please help me with any thing else I can do to make this work! I have never had any issues in the past with the tracking...and I've owned the device for about a year now.

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Hey there @pinkwarrior1981. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your workouts not being recorded completely 😕

Sometimes, it could be that your wrist presses the buttons on the Blaze making it to stop or pause an activity that you're recording so this could be a possibility. I can recommend wearing it a little bit higher on your arm when exercising and try to keep an eye on it every now and then to make sure that it's still tracking your activity. Just to be safe, you could give your Blaze a restart. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Hope this helps and anything else you may need, please let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

The last firmware introduced similar issues for me.

The automatic exercise tracking fails because the Blaze does not detect my elevated HR properly while it's happening but usually 15 minutes later. Therefore, I get partial exercise tracking.

My original Blaze died after about 7 months and the replacement one (brand new) has the exact same problem.

Best Answer

Hey @TheCyberKnight, great to see you around! 🙂

I'm sorry you're also having these problems with your replacement Blaze 😕

You could try lowering the time it takes for SmartTrack to recognize your exercises automatically. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner. Then, scroll down to Exercise and here, tap on the exercise you'd like to customize and here, under the Auto Recognize part, you will be able to choose the time it will take for Smart Track to recognize your activity. Make sure you set it to 10 minutes to ensure it will record your activity.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more help with this!

Best Answer

Ferdinand,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, if the solution was that simple, I would already have done it.

The problem is not with the time-based detection. It's rather with the HR variation detection.

For example, my last training lasted 30 minutes where my HR normally climbs up to 180 bpm, with a fairly abrupt increase during the first 10 minutes. My Blaze failed to detect the exercice and, when I entered the activity manually, it reports an average HR of 59 with a peak at 81. The HR signal is present for the entire duration.

And again, this was all working fine before the last firmware - I have tons of recorded trainings to prove it. It don't want to be rude but there is a problem with the last firmware. 

Now, my Blaze is nothing more than a watch and a pedometer. This is not what I paid for - especially considering it was fine before.

Please, just do something. You broke our Blaze.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem.

Was working fine.

Friday, I was in a Pilates class for 1 hour and it tracked nothing.  I enter it manual and it shows up under excersise, but not on the dashboard.

Today I went to Exercise on my Fitbit.started manual under Exercise, tapped start and stopped when over.

It shows on y fitbit, but not on the dashboard.  

This is my second Fitbit.  I usedthe Charger until I litteraly wore it out.  I then purcased the Blaze and it is over a year old and out of warrenty. 

I was thinking of buying another when it quit, but now thinking about the Apple watch

Best Answer

I am encountering a similar problem. I exercise three days a week, twice daily for more than 15 minutes, and I run on Saturdays. The only day that my Fitbit is tracking my exercise is the Saturday run. Today my dashboard is reflecting 54 active minutes and yet my exercise isn’t tracking 

Best Answer

Same issue! Troubleshooting? You name it, I've done it.  Nothing has worked, even when I begin tracking from the device or app it starts and stops whenever it wants!  I've cleaned it, changed how I wear it, restarted it and my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and tried everything else I can think or find to do!  I'm disappointed with this for something I spent so much money on!  Fix please!

Best Answer

I found a fix.

I entered Pilaties manually on Monday and it did not show up on my dashboard.

On Tuesday I worked in the yard for 3 hours, digging and moving dirt.  My fitbit showed nothing..  (it is the hardest I hae worked in a month--go figure).

So I entered in Manually under Gardening.

Guess what it showed up on my dashboard.  Just to test it, I deleted it and entered it as Pialaties, and nothing on the dashboard.

Ok Fitbit, you hae a problem.  Fix it please.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I just started having this same issue and am not happy at all. Was working fine until three days ago and not it doesn’t register my workouts correctly. Very disappointed right now. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem as of this morning.  My Blaze has worked fine, every time for months and suddenly today it doesn't track the full exercise, just heart rate, calories burned, distance, total time and pace.  No map, splits, etc.

It's weird, and I'd be very interested if someone can find out what is going on.

If it continues, bye bye Fitbit, hello Garmin

Best Answer

Hi there guys @dizeien13 @Paul_D, good to see you in the Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear you're having problems with your Blaze not recording your activity completely 😕

First, I'd like to know if you've tried to restart your trackers. If not, you can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. After that, see if there's any improvement.

Now, in your specific situation @Paul_D, Make sure that when you're using a GPS based exercise, that it connects completely to your phone. Make sure that you launch the activity on your tracker and while you do this, have the Fitbit app open on your phone and wait for it to say that it has connected successfully. Then, don't close the Fitbit app but rather, keep it running in the background if you wish and see if this makes any difference.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have Tried everything. As an example today I have 9545 steps and 3.01
miles and 55 minutes active. I am the type of person that has a high
energy level and never slows down. So how can that be that I have only got
3.01 miles not possible. I am right now using my third fit bit. I am in
the process of buying a new something new. I am so disgusted with this
fit bit I would probably buy anything unless you guys can replace it or
give me a half off coupon of some sort. I go to the gym three times a week
and work out approximately two hours each time. I do heavy duty yoga and
Pilates and get zero credit. I am totally disgusted with it. Help. It has
never worked right. I walk with my friend sometimes and when we are done
after 30 minutes she has about seven more steps than me. And yes I know
about calibrating and doing the step test and all of that I’ve done it 1
million times. This fit bit just is defective.
--

Best Answer

I have followed every single troubleshooting tip. Restarts, clean, wearing higher on wrist during workouts, etc.  I’m thinking of switching to a different fitness watch.  I first began having problems with tracking exercise/activity in January, and it would show no active minutes after a 60 min, high intensity spin class.  The studio makes us wear their fitness tracker as well, and there were vast differences in activity and HR.  I walk at least 4 miles, 3 times a week, and now I have an additional problem.  My blaze isn’t accurately tracking steps.  Help!

Best Answer

Started having the same issues just a few days ago.  Have tried rebooting blaze, closing app and nothing is helping. 

I recently had fusion back surgery and have become dependent on the blaze to track my exercises. If you ask why I don’t use the exercise on the blaze itself it’s because I am only allowed to walk on a flat surface with absolutely no incline.  I walk on my deck so if I use the exercise feature on the blaze and connect to GPS the miles are way wrong.  

Ive worked hard in the 4 weeks since my surgery and am averaging more than 4 miles each day. It would be really nice if I could see the exercises that are going into that. 

Best Answer

I can only presume something was done on your end to reset my exercises since my afternoon walk showed up shortly after my post. Although this morning’s walk is still missing I’m excited to see if tomorrow’s walks show up. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done EVERYTHING suggested. Its just not tracking.  I feel for the money I paid I was bamboozled.  Its not even a year old. 

What are you guys going to do about this, because from the looks of this thread IT IS NOT AN ISOLATED INCIDENT!

Best Answer

Any joy getting this fixed?? Mines is doing the same now. My app is accurate but my watch isn't 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still acting up. It’s so frustrating!

Best,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is blaze not tracking my steps daily.  In the dashboard. It does it sporadically even though battery is charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes