Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze loosing Connection - iOS 10.3.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their blaze connecting with the iPhone after the recent iOS upgrade.

I updated to iOS 10.3.3 (14G60) last week, and since the upgrade I've had to reconnect my blaze to my phone at least 4 times.

I've tried the usual stuff of shutting down and also a quick restarting the blaze to see if it will re-establish the connection, but with not joy. The only way I can get the blaze to connect to my iPhone again when this happens is to remove it from the FitBit app, and forget the device in the bluetooth menu, then go through the connection process again.

I've checked that my Blaze firmware is up to date and it seems to be - it's on 8.401.3

Can anyone help me before I decide to sell the Blaze and go to the iWatch?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Yes! I'm having the same issues; however, haven't updated my iOS, I think it's tied to the latest Fitbit app update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great, at least I'm not the only 1 whos having the issue - although its really annoying

Hopefully it gets resolved soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure I get the reiterating "or I'm switching to an Apple Watch", but hey, you do you.

I really like my Blaze and hope this issue gets fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seeing as it offends you so much, I've updated the post above

Best Answer
0 Votes

@philhayes0, removing the Blaze from the app is simply removing the Blaze from the fitbit account. I think you will find that without removing the Blaze from the phone, you will not be able to set it up.

Next time remove the Blaze from the phone, this is done through tye phones bluetooth. Now try a sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue, if you read what he said, he did both removing the Blaze from the Fitbit app itself and removing it from the Bluetooth settings (which one iPhone is paired for all-day sync and notifications).

The issue is the phone doesn't retain connection anymore, this is a recent issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes @ClemsonEE I read it, did you read what i wrote? 

It is the removing the Blaze from the bluetooth menu that fixed it. Removing the Blaze from the app did not help, and has been known to add more problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue, that isn't fixing it for me. How does removing the Blaze from the app and setting it up as a new device adding more problems?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didnt say it will, it could. As for removing the tracker from your account, you can also do this on fitbit.com. 

As for causing more problems, most find that until they fix the sync problem they are unable to setup the tracker as a new device.

It is safer to setup your tracker as a replacement device instead of removing and then doing a setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue, this is all irrelevant to the issue at hand. He merely explained the troubleshooting steps he went through.

For example, I just noticed my phone isn't showing the bluetooth icon anymore, which means my Blaze has lost its connection. The only way to re-establish is to restart my Blaze by holding the left & bottom right button, usually that will work...and when it doesn't is when I must forget device in my bluetooth, hope that the Fitbit app will find the Blaze and re-initiate the all-day sync. When that doesn't happen then I try to set up a new device in the Fitbit app and typically need to restart the Blaze and it will sometimes find it.

There is something wrong with either the Blaze's bluetooth connectivity, or something else. What's odd is this started a few days ago, was working perfectly beforehand. The only thing I can think of that has changed was updating the Fitbit app (I didn't update my iOS like @philhayes0 did, but the common denominator between him and I is that when he updated his iOS, it most likely updated his Fitbit app).

I have missed texts and phone calls now, one of them was important, because my Blaze dropped its connection to my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

keeps loosing connection on my ipad but the iphone is ok

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to keep resetting the Ipad and the watch

Best Answer
0 Votes