Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just bought a new Blaze and, would you believe it, it just won't charge. I've connected it to the desktop USB port (I've tried more than 1) and it just shows fitbit.com/setup, the blue and white diamond shape and then the screen goes blank..

I've read many other posts re this situation and, come on fitbit - this is a problem that needs a resolution.

I'm 65 years old, not too computer literate,and I know that my battery is inserted the right way around in the charger, my computer makes a nice dingly sound when something new is attached so I know its connected to the PC.

So come on fitbit, tell me what to do, I've paid lots of £ for this hardware and at the moment it looks like money down the drain. Please don't say to do anything with apps or install, or add device, as I know not what you are talking about, I need simple instructions that a dummy can follow (yep, that's me).

Like many others I'm part way through setup and the system says battery needs to be charged.

To summarise, its not the best introduction to your products and after reading lots of other user comments, I wonder whether what I have bought is fit for purpose.

So let's work togther to crack this, either provide me with a resolution to this problem, or send me a new one or give me my money back.

Regards

Steve 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hey there @Sakthi, welcome to the Community!

Is there anything I can help you with? Are you having inconveniences with your tracker's battery or any other inconvenience?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
A brand new Blaze - out of the box -- is not charging. I tried everything
in the books: changing USB outlets, chargers, hard start (left and right
bottom button reboot), checked pin alignment, heard click while locking the
tracker in charger, cleaning the contacts with rubbing alcohol, and stood
upside down facing the East. The tracker face is blank and dark. No sign
of charging as not a speck of light could even be seen on the screen. I am
unable to set up because the tracker is not charged yet.

Since this seems to be a common problem for many users, I wonder what the
Fitbit company is doing about it. If a product has software glitches, it
is understandable, given the state of the software production quality.
This is a basic hardware issue that you cannot find in a $1 product. How
good are Fitbit's other hardware components?
Best Answer

How did you get it to charge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are still having issues after MANY attempts to charge. Cannot even set it up! Ridiculous

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem as everyone else. After following the setup instructions, then all the troubleshooting instructions, I came to see what the forums said. The main solution seems to be, contact customer support after a moderator asks if you followed the troubleshooting instructions. Customer Service will then walk you through the same troubleshooting instructions and then offer to send you a replacement.

Here's what I understand to be the problem. They don't send any instructions just a card and a display that says fitbit.com/setup. Seems reasonable considering. What the card should say is charge fully with the included cables and then visit fitbit.com/setup (or they could send the device fully charged). Apparently, once you start the setup process the device will continue to try to update the firmware which drains the battery faster or as fast as you can charge it. So while you are led to believe you will be able to charge this thing in 2 hours, you won't. I've been trying for 14 hours. The only positive outcome i've seen is someone who left it to charge at work over the weekend so 72 hours of charging and they were able to finish the setup process and then they needed to charge the device some more.

This seems like a major oversite if all this could be prevented by simply saying charge first and then setup. Especially if there is no way to get the device to stop trying to update and the only solution is to send your customers a replacement. That seems like a costly problem that makes your customers infuriated...especially your brand new customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I could not. That is the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @Sakthi and welcome to the Forums @IshN@SPanovec.

Since the troubleshoot you all have tried so far haven't worked, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Catch you later. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to get my blaze fitbit to charge, I am extremely unsatisfied with this product considering i've spent hundreds of dollars on it. I've tried different charging point and I have also reset my fitbit. What am I supposed to do ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a fitbit charge 2 in May 2017 from Amazon and it was working perfect, than all of a sudden it just stopped charging. I tried customer service on the phone but my problem was not resolved. So than of all the stupid things I did I bought another fitbit this time the blaze. I received it yesterday from Amazon September 7. Yup you guessed it, it won't charge!!!!!!

With bought fitbits I have tried charging from the wall plug and now my computer. this is crazy. I know how well they work I was wearing the charge 2 every day and loved it until it stopped charging. 

This is so frustrating and so wrong on so many different levels! 

Best Answer

that all doesn't work on my one year old Blaze   tried different charging ports and directly with power socket on wall.  cannot reset due low battery   synch only updates the clock  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some people have placed their Blaze into its powered up charger, left the top open. press down lightly while holding in the two buttons to reset .

Are we shore that the pins on the Blaze https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_versa_en_US.pdfmake a good contact with the pins on the charger? Have you cleaned the contacts .

Best Answer