Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, in a matter of just under a year and a half I have gone through 3 different Fitbit Devices. My first product was the Surge and the band broke within the first 3-4 months. I then bought a Blaze which lasted 13 months, of course one month out of warranty and it just stopped holding a charge.

I then purchased another Blaze + Extended Warranty and it lasted only 2 months before having the same problem. It would not hold a charge. When I called Customer Service they first encouraged me to turn my 'notifications off'. First of all, I want my notifications turned on and second, I tried it and it didn't help. They then offered to replace the Blaze (do I really want a third one after these issues?) or give me 50% off another product.

Why wouldn't I be entitled to at least the value of the Blaze towards another product? Or for that matter a full refund for a product that completely crapped out after two months. I tried customer support via email and received only 'canned messages'.  I then spoke to Customer Service, even escalating to a supervisor and was told nothing more could be done. No other options. So, I am now waiting for another piece of crap Blaze.

I wonder how long this one will last? Pitiful Customer Service.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

A warm welcome to the Community @DeniseLoew.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you were experiencing with your tracker. For more information about our warranty policy, please click here.

It is also great to know that you contacted our support team and that they were able to replace your Blaze. At the moment of receiving it, you just need to do the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Happy stepping. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response - and yes, i am well aware of the 45 day return policy.  i would encourage Fitbit to consider revising the policy - this is poor customer service.  I don't think the policy is fair - especially in a case where the customer has encountered problems with multiple devices.  At a minimum, I believe Fitbit should offer a replacement OR a credit (for full value of the device) with Fitbit that would allow the customer to purchase something else when they are outside the 45 day window, but still within their extended warranty period.  I know that is the policy at Best Buy, and would think that to be true of most retailers.  In a case where the customer has experienced multiple product failures - there should definitely be flexibility in your return policy.  The only real option i had was to replace - and i am extremely skeptical that this Blaze will hold up any better than the last two. Poor Quality + Poor Customer Service = Big Disappointment.  I expected better from Fitbit.

As for set up - yes, i know the process.  Unfortunately, I've done it multiple times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE!  Just received my Blaze replacement today and NO SURPRISE it doesn't work.  Won't turn on unless it is plugged into the charger. Called support - same options so another replacement on its way. Unbelievable.

Best Answer
0 Votes