Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not counting steps correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My first Blaze stopped correctly counting my steps, Fitbit sent me a new one. It ended up with the same problem. Only 60-70 steps out of every hundred are counted. Fitbit sent me a new one. I received my new Blaze approximately a week ago and I already have the same exact problem. I recorded a video showing me walking 100 steps and only 66 steps were counted. Unfortunately, the video is not one that this site accepts. If you provide me a Fitbit email address I will send it. This is totally unacceptable. I like some of the features of the Blaze but it's main mission is to track steps. What is causing this problem???

DonEssex

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Have you tested the step count at 200, 500 or maybe 1000 steps?

Before a past update my 100 count test was off by 10 steps(10% error), my 200 count test was off by 10(5% error), my 500 count test was off by 10 (2% error), and the same for my 1000 step test(1% error). I never tried a 2000 step test but would take a guess that the error was 0.5%

All im pointing out is if your experience matches mine, then the error is not as great as imagined. 

As for an email address, it is the same as what was used to get your last two replaced. Contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Yours is not counting and mine gave me 8000 bonus steps yesterday. It's going back to the store now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich,

I tried your theory this morning. Since I had already tried the 100 with a count of 66. I did 200 and got 109 (54.5 step avg per 100) steps and at 500 steps my Blaze only registered 283 (56.6 step avg per 100). Unfortunately mine doesn't get better with more steps like yours did.

But thank you for giving me something to try.

Don 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you here @DonEssex@Jimmyh6 and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

First of all, thanks for troubleshooting this by yourselves. If your trackers are not being accurate, I recommend restarting your trackers and then test them. Also, have you checked your stride length information? If you haven't, in this post you will be able to see some instructions to measure this information and update it.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer