Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not counting steps!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Very disappointed. It is not counting steps accurately at all. I can count 100 steps and it will only count 75, but here recently, it is not counting steps at all. Also, app is not updating accurately...watch shows I got all 10 hours of activity, but app shows I missed hours or got none at all. This cost way too much to not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

@Karr as for the app not updating the RTM yes the developers know and are looking into this, it is all explained in the main thread on this subject. 

Have you tried a 200 or 500 step test, I find on my Charge 2 they are off by the same, for me 20 steps. IE:: reads 80 for 100, 180 for 200, 480 for 500, and 980 for 1000 steps. 

Best Answer

Yes, I did notice it was always off 20-25 steps, but now it is not counting steps at all. It is not consistent, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My confusion was from the title saying not counting steps, but nothing in the post said anything about this, but only talked about missing steps

Have you you done 3 restarts in a row yet? Http://help.fitbit.com?q=restart 

Best Answer

I dont understand the confusion...

Very disappointed. It is not counting steps accurately at all. I can count 100 steps and it will only count 75, but here recently, it is not counting steps at all. Also, app is not updating accurately...watch shows I got all 10 hours of activity, but app shows I missed hours or got none at all. This cost way too much to not work.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Kfarr. Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm  very sorry to hear that your tracker seems not to be counting any steps at all now. Though, I do think @Rich_Laue's suggestion of restarting your tracker at least two or three times could help. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. After that, try it out and see how it goes.

Let us know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Just got my fit bit blaze last Friday, charged it for the first time last night. Loved it until today, first it wasn't doing HR, now it is but not it's not counting steps! Very disappointed as well. Have shutdown and rebooted like 3 times today, it will occasionally count a few steps, then stop. Probably going back to the store after work today. Totally bummed and disappointed....especially for the high price tag. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried rebooting, updating, etc and nothing has worked. I don't know what else to do! I received mine as a Christmas gift, so I am not sure what options I have? Definitely a big bummer!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @nettyjoy @Kfarr. Good to see you both in the Fitbit Community! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your tracker is acting up after a short period of using it 😕

Since you've already tried to restart your tracker and that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem, I can recommend setting it up as a new device and see if that helps. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a newdevice". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem and your steps should be counted properly.

Let me know if that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried this and it did not make a difference. [☹]
Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it @Kfarr.  Thanks for getting back.

I'd just like to know then... is it not counting your steps at all or it's not being accurate?

If it's not counting steps at all, any other information is being recorded as calories, distance, heart rate, etc? If you use it while walking, what do you see on your display or if you go to the exercise section and start recording a walk or a run, does it show you the steps you're taking during that workout or it will just not show anything at all?

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I first got it, it was just off 10-20 steps which is about normal. Now it has gotten to where it wont count steps at all. Or if it does count, it is highly inaccurate. To get my hourly 250 steps, i have sometimes have to walk 500 steps for it to register 250. I have walked a mile long trail, and it tells me I have only gone .6 or .7 of a mile. Then other times I walk any where from 200-300 steps and it wont register a single thing.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I already returned it and got a new one . Hopefully it lasts me more than four days!
Best Answer
0 Votes
nettyjoy, did you get another blaze or something different?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree I have complained to Fitbit 3 times and all they do is send me another blaze tracker I've just received my third but it's exactly the same very disappointed as love everything else about it! I wanted to try I different model but was told they will only replace like for like very frustrating 🙁

Best Answer