Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About 3 days ago my blaze was stuck on the logo screen, I did a reset 3 times and it started working again. But now for the last 2 days it will not hold a charge for longer than 4 hours then goes dead. Not sure what the issue is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

I have the same

problem. 

Best Answer

My all day sync and bluetooth are off so not sure why it'd be doing this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has also started draining like this! I have even brought my charger to work with me today as it was already  on half battery life by 1pm. It was fully charged this morning.

I have cleaned mine, reset it and have now turned off all-day sync. However, the battery shouldn't be dead before the day is out surely? I use it as my watch also. Defeats the purpose of the whole thing 🙈

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has your app updated to the awful new one? Mine has and apart from the dreadful dashboard screen, my blaze isnt holding its charge for more than 2 days now

Best Answer

I'm not site if it updated or not. But mine won't hold a charge for longer than 4 hrs and now has been stuck on the logo screen for over 12hrs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, spent 3 days writing back and forth (in hopeful spirits) to Fitbit ONLY to be given a discount promo for 25% off a new tracker (which is still more $$ than Amazon & Amazon's $ was with a 2 yr warranty).  This Blaze was Fitbit #5, and this was the last chance.  I have recently had many issues with the Blaze, won't charge, HR tracker not working {which to me is IMPORTANT} (I had it working, then a tech I chatted with had me do a reset and it's not been back on) and the active minutes not working.  I completely understand a years warranty BUT if after 16 months Fitbit are useless junk, WHY would you think I'd want to sink another (at least) $100 into a new Fitbit, I think I am forced to look elsewhere for my next tracker sadly, even with all the troubles I had with my Charge HR's and now this Blaze, I liked them, but can't justify wasting $$.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  Within the last few weeks my Blaze has slowly stopped holding a charge.  It used to last for several days between charges, but now I can charge is up all night but by mid day the tracker is dead.  This is totally unacceptable.  I will try some of the fixes that I see on this site, but none of that should be necessary.  Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves for selling this defective product and not doing anything more to correct it.

Best Answer

I've charged mine twice today and dead again 🤨. It defeats the whole object of having one if I'm having to take it off to charge. I've reset it twice. Cleaned the charger... Not helped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze won't hold a charge either.  I have cleaned it as told by the experts.  I have reset it as instructed by the experts and now I am down to plugging it in 3-4 times a day just to get through.  I've left it on for 2 hours, still nothing.  I can plug it in and within minutes it says it is fully charged.

Not sure I want to spend money on another Fitbit.

Anyone have one that they have had for more than 2 years that works???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a Surge that lasted 4 months, then another Surge that lasted just under a year. A Blaze that lasted just under a year and now this Blaze... 1 year! 

I work out... What you're meant to do, right?! My step-dad's has lasted 3 years so far but he walks at most and doesn't wear it every day. 

I am gutted! I love keeping up to date with my progress 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer service ended up running a battery drainage test and said there was nothing they could do and sent me a link to get a new Fitbit at a discount 

Best Answer

Didn’t realise there had been an update!!! Only had my blaze a few months all going good, but now experience battery draining and syncing problems. I can’t belive this company is still in business, had a charge 3 to start with that was a total crock of **ahem** and got my money back thankfully. Thought buying one that had been around for a while would be a safer bet but obviously not! Why would they need to update there software for it? I will be glad when this one dies, will go back to my trusty analog watch and use apple health on my phone to track my steps, and forget about these overpriced children’s gadgets that are not even fit to be brought to market!!!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Casey_huggins @Lesa310 @KCScout @Dunnmarie @MelPol . It's nice to see you around @Nick100 @Lou_healthrocks @richmix . I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@Casey_huggins @Lou_healthrocks I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience with your Blaze trackers. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. I totally understand how you are feeling and thank you for sharing your feedback. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, please keep working with them. 

@MelPol thank you for being a Fitbit customer. I am sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your Fitbit Blaze. I am sure our Support team tried to help you in the best possible manner, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit WarrantyThank you very much for sharing your feedback since this helps us to keep improving. 

@Nick100 I'm sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate your feedback. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences. I am sorry to hear about the battery and syncing issues you're experiencing and recommend checking the following tips to improve battery life: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? Please check the following steps to resolve the syncing issue. 

@Lesa310 thank you for sharing the issue with your Blaze's battery. I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to assist you further. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

@KCScout I am sorry to hear you are going through this situation with your tracker's battery not holding a charge. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue and recommend checking the complete troubleshooting tips here

@richmix @Dunnmarie I am sorry to hear your battery is draining faster than expected. Battery use is affected by various factors and settings and I recommend checking the tips to prevent battery drain in this help article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. I bought the Blaze around Christmas 2018 and had no issues until the past few weeks (Feb 2020). Now, it won't hold a charge for more than 10 hours. Its very frustrating since it cost close to $200 and have no recourse since the warranty has expired.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to do all the relevant steps they suggest to you and it may help. However, I was lucky as within the warranty both times. I gave up with the blaze in the end and got half price off of a Versa 2. Best one so far. Fingers crossed. I think due to it also being waterproof so any sweat is okay! For those that just walk about, a lot last more, but for those of us who actually exercise... they seem to give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes