Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Blaze will not hold a charge for longer then 2-3 hours, it charges overnight and then if I do an hour workout in the morning it drains down and has to be charged again.  I have tried all the tips on this forum but nothing helps. Usage has not changed at all since I got it.

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi

I have the same problem which is rendering my Blaze unusable. I purchased it in 2017 and it has worked fine until last week when it does not hold the charge more than a few hours. Tried suggestions on forum but no improvement.

Disappointing as until now a good product but will think carefully about an alternative If I have to replace it.

Best Answer

Same problem - holds a charge for 3 hours - I tried all the tips and the chat told me to do it all again - no help - this is my 3rd FitBit - the original two died or fell apart after 12-13 months, my Blaze lasted 2 years. Maybe time for changing brands. 

Best Answer

I’ve already bought another brand as fed up with it not holding charge. I had it for just over two years which for price I paid makes it quite expensive per year 

Best Answer

I’ve bought another brand now as don’t want to buy another Fitbit and have this problem again  in two years time 

Best Answer

Same here on buying another brand.  I’ve had Fitbits for 5 years.  I am really disappointed in the company.  You’d think they would offer more than 25% off when every single person has been having the same issue.  I used to recommend them to everyone I knew.  No more.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing up until 4 days ago it would hold a charge for around 5 days. Now 3 hours. Yesterday I put it on and about an hour later I felt something stinging my wrist. The back was so hot it actually left red burn marks on my wrist. 

Best Answer

Thinking the same. curious as to what brand you bought?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I have not replaced Fitbit yet, waiting to see what support I get from their help desk.

If not resolved I will look at Garmin Vivoactive 3. I play golf and it looks like it does everything the Blaze does plus a golf app.

John

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Mine also started stinging my wrist a few days ago. Now it dies in a few hours and is not tracking activity correctly. I’ve had it for about 6 months. I’m hoping they will warranty it. Very disappointing to hear so many others having the same issues. Planned obsolescence, I guess. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Colin,

Yes seems too much of a coincidence for so many people to have the same problem.

John

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I have had my blaze for just over a year. It has been great then last week it started not holding a charge for more than 2-3 hours. Two days ago it got so hot  I had to take it off my arm and now it will not charge Just Dead!  Thinking maybe I shouldn’t get another Fitbit product but have bands and chargers etc so invested. What can be done. Tried all of the suggestions on forum for reset before it died. What is up?

Best Answer

If we all just stop buying FitBits when our product dies then they will be out of business eventually.  Sell your accessories as I am beginning to believe this is nothing but a racket.  Big deal they give us 25% for 30 days to purchase only on their site and then to have it last less than two years.   Honestly I guess as consumers we keep them in business because in reality they are ripping off the consumer big time!  I have researched quite a bit over the last 24 hours and even their Ionic is having issues after 8 months of being on the market.  Apple has been too expensive but then when I compare and look at it and see very few bad or negative reviews it shows they last far longer compared to Fit Bit!  My thoughts.

Best Answer

I’ve had the Blaze for about a year and my blaze stopped holding a charge they replaced it very quickly after verifying that it was in fact not holding a charge. So I was hopeful it was just a weird thing. Low and behold here I am again experiencing the same issue as of today with this replacement Blaze that’s only a few months old. It’s insane that FitBit is allowing this to happen to so many people. How do you sell a product to people knowing it’s going to fail. I’ve looked at the forums on this issue and it goes back to 2016!!!!  I’ve loved my Blaze but Im done buying FitBit products. My wife has the Charge 3 wondering when it’s going to start doing the same thing. Any recommendations on a better product? 

Best Answer

@Deejay47 , I agree with you 100%.  It cannot just be a coincidence that this is happening to almost everyone with the Blaze.  And it’s not that we have mistreated it or not charged it properly as another member suggested.  They have a problem and they are not admitting it.  

I have a friend who bought the Versa. It’s only a month old and having issues.  She is returning it and getting another brand.

I had my posts removed by the moderators when I mentioned the tracker that I bought.  It starts with a “G” though and it’s been very good so far.  My husband has one and it’s been problem free for 5 years.

@SunsetRunner  if you have a Costco near you, they have the watch that you mentioned.  I believe it was a very good price.  I have the Aria scale as well and in fact have had Fitbits for the better part of 5 years.  I am waiting for the scale to die and then I will be finished with the company.

Best Answer

Thank you as I will look into them!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They may remove my post but take a look at Garmin & Apple as they seem to last with few issues what I have found.  Good luck as 25% off is ridiculous when they last less than 20 months.

Best Answer