Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not recording floors correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received a replacement Blaze and this morning I wake up to see I went up two flights of stairs when I did not.  This was the problem I was having wth the first one.  Yesterday my old one said I went up the stairs 54 times!  The most I average in a day is maybe 20 something, 40 tops if I'm really busy in the house.  I am disappointed in the Blaze.  I knew the arm trackers counted arm movements and thought I wouldn't mind, but this is nuts.  I have a trusty One for over two years, so I KNOW what my average flights and steps are and I do not like to see that I'm earning more than I am not really earning at all.  I was looking forward to the extra features that the Blaze has like the HR and reminder to move. Not to mention, text alerts.  Is there a way to fix this with a firmware update until you give us all the ability to delete our data easily from the app and not with "driving" on the computer? Or should I trade this in for something else?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

It's great to see you around @sb2014. Keep in mind that your Blaze may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons.

Occasionally your tracker may detect pressure changes unrelated to elevation gains, such as a gust of wind, weather change, or opening a door. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors being counted. This happens if the pathway to the altimeter on the back of your tracker becomes temporarily blocked with sweat or water.

If the amount of floors is really inaccurate, feel free to get in touch with our support team, since they have the proper tools to see the information that your device is recording. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat. You can also try the restart procedure

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes