Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not resetting at midnight

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I start up Fitbit Blaze in the am, it's adding previous days data so that I'm starting the day where I left off the previous day. Means that it looks like I'm doing double the steps / burning double the calories!

How can I make sure I start from scratch each day, other than just leave on as opposed to shutting down at night?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Great to see you around @pjdabika.

Are you shutting down the Blaze before going to bed? If you are, I recommend not doing this, since 

by shutting down the Blaze every night, you will have issues with the time.  Every time you shut down the Blaze, then start it back up, it will start the time from when it was shut down.  (Until you sync to get correct time and date).

Besides not turning off the tracker, you can also try to restart it by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

When I start up fitbit blaze in the am - its adding previous days data so that I'm starting the day where I left off the previous day.

Means that it looks like I'm doing double the steps / burning double the calories !!!

How can I make sure I start from scratch each day - other than just leave on as opposed to shutting down at night ??

Best Answer

I am having the same “double synch” at times. It is really frustrating to gauge your activity. Is there a fix for this bug

Best Answer

Hello @pjdabika I'm not sure what you mean by "start up the Blaze"? Normally the Blaze is on the arm and monitoring sleep, when the blaze sees the change of date it resets the step data. 

Sorry @bima11 I'm not sure what you mean by double sync. Could you give an example. 

Best Answer

Great to see you around @pjdabika.

Are you shutting down the Blaze before going to bed? If you are, I recommend not doing this, since 

by shutting down the Blaze every night, you will have issues with the time.  Every time you shut down the Blaze, then start it back up, it will start the time from when it was shut down.  (Until you sync to get correct time and date).

Besides not turning off the tracker, you can also try to restart it by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that but I don't use/wear at night ....shut down to save
battery....normally just start up and sync in morning.
Best Answer

You are welcome @pjdabika, I know that we are going to try everything to save some battery but don't worry, the battery should last 5-7 days even if you leave your Blaze on all night. If you need anything else do not hesitate in posting it.

Keep the stepping up! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I often turn my Blaze off at night when I re start I need to synchronize for time & steps for the previous day

The Blaze will randomly synch the previous days steps the synch those same steps on the current day...double synch!

i stopped turning off the Blaze at night

Best Answer
Thanks for that....yes seems to b easiest solution.
Cheers
Pj
Best Answer

My steps display is showing from 2 days ago, it will not go back to 0 even after I shut it down and restart.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

Are you shutting the Blaze off at night? 

If so then the Blaze is not running and Fitbit may not reset the data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recommendations did not work. 😞 Thanks for the suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @bima11@pjdabika. I think that by not turning off your tracker at night you can avoid this type of issues. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

@Fronzetta welcome to the Community and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your efforts in trying to fix this, could you please be more specific and tell me which steps besides restarting the tracker have you tried so far? If you haven't checked my previous post, I recommend taking a look at it and try the steps provided.

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Get organized with Yahoo Mail
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fronzetta I'm not sure which recommendations you're referring to. Is the tracker left on at night? You're not changing timezones around midnight? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had to start shutting my blaze down at night as the green lights on the back are flashing constantly which never used to happen once I’d taken it off. Today it has reset the hours completed of 250 steps per hour and the active minutes but everything else has continued counting from yesterday. I sync it first thing in the morning so it resets the date and time and that is correct so not sure why only parts of the data have reset. Help I’m in the middle of challenges with friends and it looks like I’m cheating!!

Best Answer

I bought a used Blaze from a friend. I did shut it off overnight (I wasn't aware this was an issue), but using your suggested fix did not fix the fact that, even after syncing, the data from yesterday hasn't cleared.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As has been pointed out in other threads, once the day has failed to reset at midnight there really is no easy fix and the user will need to live with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The user should only have to live with it for one day though, correct? Because if they allow the fitbit to reset at midnight tonight, that should do the trick?

Or could they do the steps again of unpairing, creating an account, pairing the fitbit and letting it reset at midnight to fix the problem?

A friend bought my Blaze off of me and I unpaired it from my app and deleted the bluetooth connection to that fitbit. I then paired my new fitbit and all the data showed up on my fitbit and in the app. However, my steps showed up on the Blaze that I had sold to my friend as well. Is there any way to "reset" the Blaze so my steps are no longer on the fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The user should be able to creztecan account. then attach the tracker to the newly created account. This will remove the tracker from the old account, and reset for the new account. However the new account will not have any of the users previous history. 

So it is one day with messed up data versus a loss of all history .

Yes the tracker will reset correctly tonight. maybe even if the tracker has been turned off. It seems that the failure to reset is not consistent with no answer as to why it usually but not always resets while turned off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes