Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing automatically

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This junk doesn't sync automatically and when you manually sync it with multiple fitbits it logs false data. Don't buy this junk

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Rich_Laue and @J-flex awesome assist! @pfone1 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Thank you for sharing your feedback about Fitbit Blaze. You can make your tracker sync at any time. Note that if you normally sync your tracker with a mobile device and want to do so with a computer, you'll need to move the mobile device out of range or temporarily disable Bluetooth.

For iOS: 

From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account tab, and then tap your tracker to see an option for syncing immediately.

For Android:

From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner, tap Devices, and then tap your tracker to see an option for syncing immediately.

For Windows 8.1:

From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the menu icon (three dots) in the bottom right corner to see an option for syncing immediately.

For Windows 10:

From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account tab at the top, and then tap or click your tracker to see an option for syncing immediately.

If you're using the Fitbit app for Windows 10 on your computer, your tracker syncs each time you open the app and whenever you manually sync. If your computer is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (BLE), the Fitbit app for Windows 10 does not require a wireless sync dongle.

For Fitbit Connect (Mac or PC) :

1. Bring your charged tracker near to the plugged-in dongle or base station. You may need to press your tracker’s button or tap it to wake it up.
  2. Click the Fitbit Connect icon.User-added image
  3. Click Open Main Menu, and then click Sync Now. You may be asked to sign in, after which your tracker should sync with your account.

To see when the most recent sync occurred, click the gear icon in the top right corner of the fitbit.com dashboard.

Regarding your false data, can you please explain me a little more about the false data you are getting? Just please remember that for best results, Fitbit recommends not wearing more than one tracker at a time and sync each tracker before taking it off and putting on another. For more information on this please check this article.

Good luck, keep me posted! 🙂

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

This has not been my experiance.
With 4 trackers they sync without problems, with one exeption, if the app has been updated the BT or phone sometimes needs to be restarted. This is probably because the BT drivers get embeded.
I'm able to switch many times a day, record the individual step on paper.. Sync at night and my step count, worse case is within 20 of what I expect. This might be from minutes with data on two trackers..
Fitbit suggests syncing when switching trackers.

With a sync of multiple trackers, they all need to sync, then the server needs to merge the trackers data, then another sync of the trackers are needed. 

There have been times I've found the web based dashboard updates faster then the app, which might take an hour or more to update. Logging out and back in will help, I don't worry about this since fitbit.com is correct. 

There does seem to be a communication problem between the Android app and the server. 

Disclaimer: I'm running the beta app.

Best Answer
I have a Blaze and like it. I've never had a problem with syncing data. There are options for how often you want your device to sync
Best Answer

@Rich_Laue and @J-flex awesome assist! @pfone1 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Thank you for sharing your feedback about Fitbit Blaze. You can make your tracker sync at any time. Note that if you normally sync your tracker with a mobile device and want to do so with a computer, you'll need to move the mobile device out of range or temporarily disable Bluetooth.

For iOS: 

From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account tab, and then tap your tracker to see an option for syncing immediately.

For Android:

From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner, tap Devices, and then tap your tracker to see an option for syncing immediately.

For Windows 8.1:

From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the menu icon (three dots) in the bottom right corner to see an option for syncing immediately.

For Windows 10:

From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account tab at the top, and then tap or click your tracker to see an option for syncing immediately.

If you're using the Fitbit app for Windows 10 on your computer, your tracker syncs each time you open the app and whenever you manually sync. If your computer is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (BLE), the Fitbit app for Windows 10 does not require a wireless sync dongle.

For Fitbit Connect (Mac or PC) :

1. Bring your charged tracker near to the plugged-in dongle or base station. You may need to press your tracker’s button or tap it to wake it up.
  2. Click the Fitbit Connect icon.User-added image
  3. Click Open Main Menu, and then click Sync Now. You may be asked to sign in, after which your tracker should sync with your account.

To see when the most recent sync occurred, click the gear icon in the top right corner of the fitbit.com dashboard.

Regarding your false data, can you please explain me a little more about the false data you are getting? Just please remember that for best results, Fitbit recommends not wearing more than one tracker at a time and sync each tracker before taking it off and putting on another. For more information on this please check this article.

Good luck, keep me posted! 🙂

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Blaze stopped syncing.  Message = Check if the tracker is already connected to another device and disconnect them.    I only sycn the Blaze through a computer with windows 10.  I use the dongle and the bluetooth sync through the computer.  I have turned off the bluetooth sync and gone to just trying to sync with the dongle but I have the same message.   Do you have a suggestion ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Blaze2016 when you refer to the dongle, are you referring to the BT dongle? 

If your using the Win10 app have you tried to sync through the charging cable? 

Best Answer

Thanks for the help.  I was referring to the charging cable dongle connected through the USB port on my computer.  Problem is now solved.  After turning off bluetooth and multiple computer restarts, the Blaze just now synced again.    I am not sure why it took so many computer restarts but thank you for your help.

Best Answer

Doesn't work. I have to sync it manually even though I have the automatic syncing option on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pnut_Tumin it is your fitbit app on the phone that initiates the sync throughout the day. May I ask what type of phone you have?

What is "it" that did not work? Or maybe I should be asking, what steps have been tried to fix this sync issue. 

Also, since the all day sync option was removed 4-5 months ago, if you still have this option, please update the Fitbit app on the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes