Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing with Pixel XL 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It is incredibly frustrating seeing that my Blaze was synced with my pixel 2 XL and it was pushing notifications just fine. Of course, the curse of all smartwatches that they tend to lose support quickly once a new product is out. I hope that this is only a temporary issue and a fix will roll out soon. I contacted the support team and they told me there is no fix yet for this. If I wanted to sync the time on the watch I had to download the Fitbit app on my PC and then sync the time from there. The biggest reason I switched to Fitbit cause I thought they will always be on top of updating their devices. Most smartwatches have a way to change the time manually on the watch itself. So I hope that the Fitbit team fixes this issue soon. Please don't make me switch to a non smart watch.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Agreed, mine was working fine until the Android 8.1 update a month or so ago. I use a Charge 2 and a Blaze. I FINALLY figured out a work around on the syncing issue. You have to turn off your wifi and it will sync easily. Whats REALLY pissing me off is the inability to control my music with the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yah we are paying a premium price for a premium watch that gives us less control. but i tried the method you suggested with turning off the wifi. still no luck 😞 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @sineater1988 ad @Wrench115 it's great to see you around.

Have you checked if the Pixel 2 XL is in our list of compatible mobile devices? If you haven't, I recommend checking this, since keep in mind that in order to successfully connect your Blaze with your phone it needs to be compatible.

You can also try and follow the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post but I don't guarantee it will work 100% if the phone isn't compatible.

See you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

the pixel 2 is new so it's not compatible as you probably checked. it's frustrating not being able to use my watch to its full potential just because I got a new phone. I hope your team rolls out new updates to fix the issue. thank you and have a good 

Best Answer

I purchased the Pixel 2XL at launch last year and made the silly assumptions that I would have no problems syncing with my Fitbit Blaze.  Wrong.  I first thought it was a Google problem and that when they sorted out issues with patches the issue would correct itself.  Wrong again.  After months of frustration I went out on the internet and stated seeing that it is not necessarily a Google issue it is a Fitbit issue.   All other smartwatches work fine with the phone. Fit bit has already moved on to its next Fitbit “whatever” and it does not look like this syncing issue will ever be fixed.  The more I think about it I have had more issues with my Fitbit devices – had 2 charges tht had to be replaced due to adhesive failing, had to replace my Aria scale it just stopped working and now this.  It might be time to move on from Fitbit.  I think I have had enough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Pixel 2 XL (Android 9.0) used to connect and sync all the time, then there was an app update and since then it would only conned via "Classic" and that was sporadic and still dropped connection. I also used my Blaze as athentification to open my phone instead of a pin number, that has stopped also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest update, according to fit-bit support, broke the blaze (specifically notifications).

Support told me to do the normal stuff...Like remove the app, reinstall, remove the blaze from Bluetooth rediscover. It fixed most of it but now no text notifications which support has said they are working on it. Then support sends me a link to get the latest Ionic or Versa which I just read is having an issue.Really like their stuff but they need to get more reliable.  

Frustrating that every time they release something my blaze breaks.

Best Answer
0 Votes