Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am running Win 7 Pro on my desktop. I have a Bluetooth dongle fitted but I can't get the Blaze to sync with Fitbit.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Since my last reply today I have uninstalled everything to do with fitbit and dongles.  Cleaned to registry and anything else I could think of.  Started the reinstallation of Fitbit, got to the bit where it says plug in dongle, where it has always freezed before, plugged in the Fitbit dongle and on it went.  Finally got to the bit where it sent a code to the watch etc. etc.etc. Final message - you will be synched when you are within 20 feet of computer. OLE.  My thanks to everyone who has helped.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Is it the official fitbit bluetooth dongle? Unfortunately the fitbit connect software you need to download and install for windows 7 requires a fitbit dongle, others will not work.

Best Answer
I've tried two dongles, one of them was a Fitbit one. No luck with either.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @billjf, thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself and @SteveH for stopping by.

If your tracker isn't syncing, I recommend taking a look at the Having trouble syncing? post and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for your private email.  Been having great problems.  I have a Fitbit Blaze and a Win 7 Pro computer.  Can't get them to talk to each other on a consistent basis.  Sometimes they seem to connect but then they don't for most of the time in spite of me going on the web and trying all the suggestions on offer. As the Fitbit shop said it no l;onger had fitbit dongles I started with an Avantree DG405 Bluetooth dongle for a PC which the advert said would work with Fitbit.  Had a great deal of trouble uninstalling that when I found an advert on EBay for a Fitbit original dongle FB150.  Tried that and got no where at all.  There is nothing wrong with the watch as it synchs with my iPhone.  Problem with that is the screen is too small to be of any practical use, hence the computer.  Sadly the watch was an 82 birthday present from my wife and I am loth to tell her it doesn't work, but it is getting close..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since my last reply today I have uninstalled everything to do with fitbit and dongles.  Cleaned to registry and anything else I could think of.  Started the reinstallation of Fitbit, got to the bit where it says plug in dongle, where it has always freezed before, plugged in the Fitbit dongle and on it went.  Finally got to the bit where it sent a code to the watch etc. etc.etc. Final message - you will be synched when you are within 20 feet of computer. OLE.  My thanks to everyone who has helped.

Best Answer

I have a Blaze and I don't have a dongle, how do I force Sync ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bernalbenson if you have a phone that's supported by fitbit then you can sync with that without a dongle. The list of supported devices is at www.fitbit.com/devices

You also won't need a dongle if your computer is running windows 10 and has bluetooth, if you use the fitbit app.

Best Answer

I have been a member for many years, I have Windows 10, a smart phone with the Fitbit App. When I get on my phone and try to Sync Now....there is a pink colored exclamation mark next to the Sync Now. It has been this way for a couple of days. It says Sync has been scheduled and will start soon but it doesn't sync ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
YesI a phone and fitbit works OK. Problem is that the screen is too small. Not on Win 10 so I needed a dongle, that is where the problems started and ended.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wish I knew. I've tried everything and failed. Have now given up.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I've given up trying to use Fitbit on my computer. First it synced then it didn't, the Bluetooth started messing up my home network. I tried the Fitbit dongle and the Avantree DG405. No luck with either. Too much trouble so I've uninstalled Fitbit and bluetooth not to be seen again on my D/T.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @billjf@SteveH for stopping by and @bernalbenson it's great to see you around.

If you are still having issues syncing your tracker, please take a look at the Why won't my Fitbit device sync? article and make sure you followed the steps provided there.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer