Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a degree in computing and write software. This Blaze device is the worst I have ever purchased and, frankly, I'm thinking of binning it. I've had it about three weeks and have only been able to use Bluetooth about three times. What a load of rubbish. I've shut it down eleven times; removed and reinstalled the software six times, restarted my tablet fourteen times. It only works when it feels like it and I regularly get messages like "Your sync has been scheduled" Spits in bin.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

A warm welcome to the Community @Kingell.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. If you are having issues syncing your Blaze, I recommend taking a look at the Having trouble syncing? post and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply. As you can see from my email I've done all the recommended things. I've tried syncing to my Samsung mobile with the same result. Sorry but it's very unsatisfactory and I'm planning on throwing it away and buying a different make. I no longer have the packaging so I can't return it.
Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Kingell.

I would like to know if you can provide me with a screenshot of your tracker's profile by following the instructions provided in this post? You just need to tap the Blaze icon and take the screenshot of the window you will see.

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hello Alejandra

Thanks for your interest but I'm not getting further involved. A screenshot will not solve the problem as there are several other Blaze users on here with the same problem. Sometimes it syncs and sometimes it doesn't (the usual case). My wife has a different Fitbit which works fine with Windows 10.

I suspect the Blaze Android Bluetooth app needs reprogramming. I've tried it now with two tablets and two phones with the same result..

I do not intend to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10. I did formerly and it wrecked my screen display and my LAN. I have a studio with several computers and Windows 10 caused half a day's chaos.

Presently I am only using it as an expensive watch which I can only see when I tap it, to check that my pacemaker is working at 60 bpm and an incorrect record of the number of steps I have taken - a very unsatisfactory purchase needing Fitbit Blaze Bluetooth reprogramming.

Regards
Kingell

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate the update about this @Kingell and recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

See you around. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I was having the same problem with my Blaze refusing to sync for 2-1/2 days.  I read & tried everything with no results.  I had become very dependent on the information & was extremely frustrated.  It was do or die time.  I sat down with my android phone & got a message that I was short on storage space, so first I deleted a couple of aps I no longer use & a couple Google aps I will never use on my cell phone.  I updated the aps that needed it, and BOOM, my phone made that little sound that lets you know something is going on.  I checked & Fitbit had synced & has worked fine ever since.  Apparently it needs room to work!  This may not be your problem, but I didn't see it addressed anywhere else.  Good luck!

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply. I've had personal help from the FitBit team via Email which I found helpful and very supportive.

My problem is not totally resolved but I have better syncing with my Samsung phone (on a little screen where I have to move it around to read it). This is still unreliable but better.  My wife's FitBit ( a different model ) works fine on Windows 10.

It's a pity FitBit have not researched and provided working software for older devices. If one buys a FitBit device one shouldn't also have to replace one's other equipment. There are many people who still use Windows 7. One of my tablets is only three years old but apparently not a suitable candidate despite receiving updates from the manufacturer. (Android Lollipop)

I was grateful for the consummate help from the concerned FitBit staff. I have now regarded the matter as closed. 

Kind regards.

Best Answer
Glad you got at least partial tesolution.  I know how frustrating it can be!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Bcott and @Kingell for stopping by and for the tips provided.

I am glad to hear that both trackers are working properly and that you received the help you needed. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Robot Happy

Best Answer
Thanks!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

As notified - mine does NOT work correctly but I can no longer be bothered with wasting time on it. I certainly do not recommend the Blaze model and I am disappointed that in order to use the Fitbit devices it seems that one has to have the latest equipment. I am certainly not going to buy a Windows 10 laptop and the phone which sometimes synchronises has a small display and is difficult to use.

Best Answer

I Too am having a similar issue.  My Blaze is not syncing.  I have restarted the Blaze, checked for updates for the app (none - as this is usually the problem) un paired and now my device is not connecting to the Blaze.  When I try to pair it says "Rejected by Blaze"

Can anyone suggest how to resolve this ..... without sending me to the Trouble shooting syncing section as I have tried everything on there already.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Answer

Hi, My blaze worked perfectly with my iphone. I updated to the Samsung note 8 and initially struggled setting it up again on the android device. About 2=3 weeks ago I updated my fitbit app. Now my blaze does not receive any notifications, no calls or messages. As for syncing sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't.

It is very annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and cannot same to get it fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

I contacted fitbit and received some great ideas and support but in the end,

I uninstalled fitbit app from my Samsung Galaxy s5, reinstalled and now
it's working!

What a lot of fluffing around! But pleased that once again my fitbit
appears to be connecting again.

I often experience connection issues with the blaze, often is because the
app needs updating, but not in this case, just the old uninstalled and
reinstall trick.

Hope it works for you too.

Cheers
D

Sent from my mobile
Best Answer

@Kingell I appreciate the update and would like to know if you have received any information about this issue from our support team, have they offer you a solution for this?

@Bright2 thanks for your participation in the Community, it is great to hear that you have contacted our team and that your syncing issue has been resolved. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to post it.

@Kingell and @Magallo it's great to see you around and I appreciate your efforts in trying to fix this, since the troubleshoot you tried didn't work, as recommended previously, keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I fully charged my Blaze yesterday afternoon. This morning it was dead (flat battery). This has been a waste of money. My wife's ( a different model ) is fine. I guess mine is a Friday afternoon manufacture 😉

It's fully charged again now. I can't sync to my Samsung phone. (I've even had a comment posted here that I haven't synced recently.(I know don't I?))

Someone should sit and check through the algorhythms in the software which is obviously not up to scratch in this model.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally this useless device has given up. I've done nothing to it except exchange the strap as the original supplied caused a skin reaction. Now the LEDs on the rear have gone off so the device is not working and not monitoring my heart beat. It has not been subject to any misuse and is obviously a scrap model. I would be pleased to consider the balance and replace this DUD with another "male" model.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husbands blaze has decided not to sync since yesterday morning and he doesn't want to lose any of the steps etc since.  I've logged out, left it for a couple of hours and re-logged back in and still wont sync.  Happened once before last year but managed to sync it back in ok. What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes