Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not tracking exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have searched through previous posts for the last 45 minutes.  The most recent one I read was marked as solved when there was no solution posted. The person who started the post even said the suggestions didn’t solve his problem. 

I have an iPhone 7 plus. I have had this blaze for almost a year. 

I’m my Fitbit app, the days of weekly exercise tile isn’t recording anything. The blaze records my steps, tracks my heart rate, syncs with my phone, and tracks my sleep when I wear it to bed. It simply won’t track my long heart racing CrossFit workouts - that it should be tracking. 

The only exercise it seems seems to track on its own is walking. The last thing it auto recorded was a short 9 min walk. 

I have tried everything: 

Logging out and back in to Fitbit

uninstalling and reinstalling the app 

removing the device 

adding the device again so it’s like new

turning bluetooth on and off 

repairing the device 

Resetting the device 

the app is up to date 

reading through the help guide many times 

short of sacrificing my my first born son, idk what will get it working again.  90% of my workouts are intense enough to start recording after 10 minutes and be automatically registered on the dasylum of weekly exercise tile in the app within 15-20 minutes (to 30 minuets to hours to waiting and checking back days later) of the workout ending. 

The whole idea of auto recording active minutes seems pointless when I end up putting the exercise in at the end of the day anyways.  

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I understand the whole bit of Auto tracking.

But I want to make sure I get it captured and use the start/Stop button.

I'm sorry but I have always found smart track very iffy

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I agree with Wendy. For bike riding and weight lifting, I always start the workout manually. Crossfit is pretty intense from what I have heard. Your movements and heart rate should at least set off some kind of workout in the Blaze. What do you have in you exercise shortcuts? I bike ride nearly every day, and the Blaze has auto detected cutting the grass as a bike ride. 

Also, if you're almost at a year, the Blaze is still under warranty, so maybe you should get started with Fitbit support, just in case it's your blaze. 

Best Answer
0 Votes