Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not tracking sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since February 11 of this year my blaze has stopped tracking my sleep, previously it worked without any issues (had it over a year now). But since the 11th it does not work. Anyone have any suggestions or similar trouble? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@RyanB1 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry to hear that your Blaze isn't recording sleep. Your device will start recording sleep after it detects an hour of inactivity. If you have a light sleep or move too much then this may difficult your sleep detection. Additionally you can try wearing your device on your non dominant hand to decrease the amount of movement it is subjected to. Finally you can restart your device. You can also manually log your sleep time.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have attempted each of your recommended fixes and still have not gotten
had any success unfortunately. I think there may either be a glitch or a
defect in the watch itself perhaps?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it logging sleep at all, or are you getting the basic sleep?

Purchased my watch in August last year and since September all I get is basic sleep. I've followed all the advice, tried and tested all the troubleshooting, but still nothing 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is tracking the sleep, but only the basic sleep details. And again since
February 11 it has only done the basic sleep details, prior it always
tracked with the detailed sleep
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ClaireL069  @RyanB1 thank you for your updates. Since the issue is with Sleep Stages please take into consideration that you may not get them for the following reasons: 

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Keep me posted.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I appreciate the input, however this is not the issue. For roughly a year
the sleep tracker worked everyday, now it has entirely stopped working.
This is not an issue about my sleep, it is something with either the
tracker or the app itself
Best Answer

I’m having the same problem- it was logging fine until a few days ago and now nothing-

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Laverneii2 Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! 

@RyanB1 sorry for the delay in my reply. Since you already followed the suggestions in this thread the next step is letting our support team know so they can further assistance. You will get an email from them.

@Laverneii2 please try the suggestions in this thread to help resolve the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for responding to my question/post. Yes, I got in touched with the Fitbit Team and everything was resolved. Thank you again.

Cynthia L. Artis ~ “God Is God!”
Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep tracker stopped working about a week ago now. February 2019 made it one year since purchasing the blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes