Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not tracking stairs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In May of 2017 I received a Fitbit Blaze, shortly after the entire thing stopped working. I was sent a new Blaze. At the end of May 2018 my Blaze stopped tracking stairs. I initiated a chat and was told that my Blaze was out of warranty as it was purchased in December of 2016 (inaccurate).

I was offered a 25% discount on a replacement. This is customer service? This is standing by your product? Not only was I provided inaccurate and fraudulent information but I was not treated in the manner a customer should be treated. My husband and I have been loyal Fitbit consumers and were going to purchase 2 new children's devices. Now we will not be purchasing a single thing from Fitbit.

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Akov

Did you try restarting your Blaze? It often helps with some problems.

Fitbit pretty much knows when these devices were first set up. They see things on their end that we can't see. A discount is pretty good when a Fitbit needs replacing.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Akov and @Odyssey13 thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix the stairs issue you are experiencing and would like to know if the instructions provided by our friend worked?

About our warranty, click here to have more information about it. I also think that a 25% is great, in this page, you can compare all the trackers that apply for that discount. Maybe there is one that meet your needs.

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
No. The restart did not fix the problem. I am being told the Blaze
purchased on 5/21/2017 from Dick's Sporting goods in Lombard Illinois was
previously linked to an account on December 2016. So my Blaze is not being
covered under the warranty because somehow I was sold a used Blaze although
it was unopened , undamaged and in a box. I am awaiting a reply from Dicks
to see if they will provide me a copy of purchase as all o have been able
to locate is the date of purchase and total from my bank statement,
5/21/2017 233.55.
While 25 percent is a good discount it is unacceptable for the situation
surrounding my circumstances and Fitbit should be ashamed of the way they
conduct business.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Akov  has Dick's been able to help you? You purchased it from them, with a reasonable expectation that the item was new and unused. There are time retailers will re-box an item to where it looks new from the factory to avoid sending it back to the company. Friends of mine who work in retail say that this happens all the time.

I don't think the problem you have is with Fitbit, it's with Dick's.

Sorry this happened, but I've had a Fitbit on my wrist for almost five years and they always take care of things.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes