Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze notifications every ten seconds

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I suddenly started getting the same notification over and over--my last missed phone call from 22 hours ago.  Every 5 or 10 seconds, my wrist vibrates and the notification pops up on the screen and then drops away again.  I cleared all notifications and now it pops up every 5 or 10 seconds to tell me I have no new notifications.  I've turned notifications off on the watch and the app.  I've reset the Blaze and restarted the phone.  I've updated the app.   The firmware is up to date. I've reset the Blaze and synced four times in succession.  I've manually shutdown the Blaze and taken it off my wrist for a rest, and after a few minutes urban powers itself up to give me a notification.  Notifications are still "off" on the Blaze and in the app.  And my wrist isn't still vibrating every 5 or 10 seconds to tell me there area no new notifications.  

Any ideas?   Thanks to all.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

A warm welcome to the Community @PotomacFit and thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself.

Have you tried to paired the tracker as new device? If you haven't, I recommend doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Alejandra, thanks so much for getting back to me. Completely draining the battery may have done the trick. Maybe a total battery shutdown has resetting powers that a simple reset does not? Something else to try with other users when all else fails?

My Blaze usually holds a charge for several days, but it vibrated itself to sleep within a couple of hours with all of the notifications, and I couldn't get to a charger until today. Something about completely draining the battery and letting it sit seems to have fixed it. I'll try your fix if it comes back and draini the battery doesn't help.

Thanks for your help!
Best Answer

I am glad to hear that your tracker is working now @PotomacFit and thanks for the tip provided. If the tracker is starting to have battery issues, please take a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there. 

Let me know if you need anything else. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. I have done everything you have suggested with no luck. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

About two weeks after my issue seemed to resolve, my Blaze died and wouldn't power up.  I threw in the towel and replaced it and the new one's still working fine, so no new insights for you.  Sorry!

None of the formal fixes had worked for me--it was just sticking it in a drawer for what I think was a week, letting the battery drain (that wasn't my intent, but that's what happened--I was just procrastinating), and when I recharged it the problem was gone.  

Best Answer
So you think I should not use it for a week and hope that it magically starts to work again?
So basically you have no idea how to fix it. My warranty has expired so I don’t expect to be given a new one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Something similar happened to mine, I was getting notifications on iOS about some apps updating, and every time I deleted it from the Blaze, or after it auto-deleted after a day, it would pop up again 5-10 seconds later, but turning off notifications from the App Store stopped it. Kinda strange.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all of these suggestions with no success.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved @PotomacFit and thanks for sharing the troubleshoot you tried for it @HyperNinjaZX thanks for stopping by too. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

@shane_delmo welcome to the Forums, could you please tell me which phone you have? Have you checked if your Fitbit app is updated?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there, I have an iPhone. App is up to date.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes