Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze overestimating run distance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone.

So for a while now I have been using my Fitbit blaze to track my runs. I always have my iPhone connected to the blaze via Bluetooth, and I keep the phone strapped to my waiste or in my pocket during the run so it can stay connected. I can confirm that when I start a run, the Fitbit says it is connecting to my phone, and gps under the gear icon says ‘On’. Once it is connected and I have the bars that show the signal strength, I start my run. Problem is, the distance I get is consistently greater than what I actually ran. I ran our local park run today which is measured at 5km, and it says I ran 5.75km. Recently I did 7km and it said I did about 9km. This obviously throws off my pace and splits etc. I get the whole stride length setting, but when my phone remains connected the Fitbit should be using gps not steps/stride measurements for distance. Any help please, about to return this thing for something else with built in gps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Andyp3844. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with the distance not being correctly recorded when using GPS on your tracker 😕

What say is true, your Blaze should take into consideration the GPS information rather than using steps/stride length to calculate your distance when you select it to. I can think of restarting your tracker to make sure anything not working as it should will get fixed and probably also setting up your tracker as a new device just in case.

You can easily restart your Blaze by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. After that, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Try it out and let me know if you notice any improvement.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer