Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze screen black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I updated my Blaze this morning and now have a blank screen. The green lights still flash and I can feel a buzz if I reset, but have tried to reset it several times already, still blank screen. 

Anyone else with a similar problem? Is it the update or something else? Battery is fully charged and it is still counting steps.

K

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

It's great to see you around @Kazziebabe and thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience by yourself. I would like to know if you keep having problems with your Blaze's screen? Is this displaying the battery icon at the moment of charging it? Please confirm you are following the steps in the How do I restart my Blaze? post to restart your Fitbit.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I had a similar issue. I contacted client support and they helped me.

Best,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

The screen is completely black.  Even when charging I cannot see anything, but I know it is because my phone tells me! 

It is logging everything - from sleep to HR to steps, but just no screen.  This is all since the update but I don't know if the issue is related.

I can't shut down the device because I can't see the screen, but I have restarted it multiple times.

Happy to try anything you recommend to get it sorted as I'm pretty lost without it!

Karen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Ophiel!

I have also done that now.

Karen

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @Ophiel and for the recommendation. @Kazziebabe I would like to know if you have received a reply from our support team, did the advocate provide you with a solution?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Had same issue today...  Was working fine in the morning then the screen just went blank.  The green lights are still on.  It was charged at 80%..... 

Called CS and they had to replace my tracker.  They have NO idea why it happened and they want my tracker so they can find out what went wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Tukee. I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a new Blaze. At the moment of receiving your replacement, please do the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Happy stepping. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

No as far as I know I haven't had a reply 😞

Kazziebabe

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Kazziebabe, it's weird to hear that support hasn't contacted you back. Have you checked your spam folder? If you haven't, I recommend this to see if a reply is there.

See you around. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought the Blaze for my wife 2 yrs ago and it's had problems (not charging... not syncing... dim screen) all of which have been eventually resolved. Now the screen is black and cust service says I need to buy a new Fitbit. Feeling frustrated... Not sure I want to spend over $100 dollars again and have these problems only to have buy another in 2 yrs! Shouldn't they last longer..?

Best Answer

fitbit is really running a scam. Their watch is now in the price range of Apple Watch but will not function well enough and certainly will not last long enough as one. I'm done with fitbit and if I ever buy a fitbit, it will be from ebay for dirty cheap. Never spending around $200 on their **ahem** products anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes