Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stopped syncing with challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze stopped syncing with challenges in different time zones but syncs fine with challenges in my same time zone.  Any idea why one works and the other showed zero and doesn’t sync? Problem started after last app update.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @Rogeka, welcome to the Community.

Below are possible reasons for the challenges issue you are experiencing: 

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

I also recommend waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing similar issues with my Blaze:

I open the app and the sync action symbol kicks in. As this happens my step count (and other tracked elements) then updates on the main screen. I then click on challenges, of which all participants are in the same time zone. The challenge(s) I am participating in do not update. When I am connected to WiFi, it does, but via mobile access it does not. The bluetooth therefore seems sound and the tracker to app device seems good - but then updating to the database seems to misfire.

Up until two weeks ago, this was not an issue at all and everything updated via the mobile without problem. I am unsure as to what has changed. I have done bluetooth off/on - close down of app - restart of Blaze - restart of iphone - delete and reload app - turn Blaze off/on - removed Blaze from app/handset - set back up again. What else can I do?

Strength, health & happiness

Peter

Best Answer
0 Votes