Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze will not turn on outside of the charging cradle

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze will not turn on outside of the charging cradle. The screen will go completely black as soon as I take it out si I am unable to successfully restart it. I actually put it back in the cradle and was able to hold it down and restart it a few times (extremely difficult). After multiple restarts the screen will still go completely black after I take it off the charging cradle. I also tried setting it up as a new device on the fitbit app but I still received the same results. I bought this in 2016 so I'm sure its out of warranty and I'm stuck with a $200 paper weight. I feel like this is a common problem with these fitbits. Such a disappointment smh.

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @OmarD84. I'll be glad to assist you with your Fitbit Blaze inquiry. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting us. This is not a common problem and I'm sorry for your disappointment. Let me help you out. 

I got in touch with our support team and they have informed me that they are already helping you. 

Please let me know how it goes and thank you for visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am also having the same issues. I have had my fitbit blaze for just over a year now, and it has started acting up. it will no longer go past a day without saying I have low battery, even though I have  charged it the night before, and now like you I have charged it, and it went black. would love to have an answer in regards to this.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice seeing you here @SunsetRunner. Welcome! I'll be glad to assist you with your Blaze inquiry.

To turn on your Blaze, I would recommend restarting it

Please let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have already tried that .it will not restart now
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is the same for me...my just under three year old Blaze, has been gradually requiring charging more frequently and over the last few weeks it has been lasting for no more than 12 hours.

As of today, it will not stay on, outside of the charging cradle. I have always looked after it, kept it clean, etc. and this is really disappointing considering the cost of it, even more so now as I persuaded my wife to switch to Fitbit, after I bought her a Versa for Christmas.

Now I am wondering what to replace my Blaze with and if Fitbit would be prepared to offer an incentive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. Only had my Blaze for 14 months. Out of warranty. Fitbit’s solution is to offer me a 30% discount on buying a new device. Really? I’m going to spend more money on your **ahem** devices? Great business model Fitbit. I used my Blaze once per day at spin class. Nothing extreme. Do not buy these devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for troubleshooting this issue with us @SunsetRunner. I'll be glad to continue assisting you. 

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon.

@dmc1504 and @Dcpal. Welcome to the forums! I'll be happy to assist you too.

@dmc1504, thank you for describing what happened to your device and for mentioning how you have taken care of it. I also created a case on your behalf and please check your email.

Thank you for your feedback and comments @Dcpal. It's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Please let me know if you have more questions. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  When take it out of the cradle the screen goes black and won’t come on no matter how I try and the green light on the back does not come on either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased mine and it will not turn on either. Straight out of the box...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course I charged it by the way. a green battery popped up showing that it was fully charged but it wont turn on outside of the cradle. Very disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you to Fitbit who, despite my dead Blaze being well beyond its warranty expiry, have generously offered to send a replacement. 

Kudos for their customer service in this age, where many companies simply do not give a **ahem**.

Whilst there is no guarantee that the new one will not suffer the same fate, they have restored my faith in the brand and I will gladly continue my support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great that they offered to send you a replacement. Just another example of inconsistent customer service. May I ask how long your device was out of warranty? Curious because mine was just under two months and the only offer I was given was a 30% discount on another Fitbit.  

Best Answer

By all of the replies and other threads it seems as this may very well be a common problem. I was offered a discount on one of the newer devices which cost hundreds of dollars but I really don't want a new device. I'd rather have my old device work but I'm out of warranty so it seems like I cannot be helped smh.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. Very inconsistent. I was only offered 25% and had to use in the
next 30 days on selected devices. I was put off by thing since like you, my
warranty was out my 2.5 months and they even recognized that my Fitbit was
now defective. I will not be using their generous offer.
Best Answer

@Chekelove @frozenroses @dmc1504 @Dcpal @OmarD84 @SunsetRunner Welcome! It's great to see you around! 

I will gladly assist you with this.

@Chekelove please try restarting your device by following these instructions.

@frozenroses I noticed that you already have a ticket with Support so I wanted to know if they were able to help you?

@dmc1504 happy to hear that Support replaced your device!

@Dcpal @OmarD84 @SunsetRunner

Support does follow the guidelines listed in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. This is why they offer a discount to help customers in this situation. Still thank you for sharing your feedback.

Keep me posted.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply but I wanted to wait until I actually received my replacement before answering.

I am pleased to say that it arrived today and to answer your question, my original Fitbit was purchased three years ago this week. Thus, it is two years past it’s warranty expiry.

I can only speak of my personal experience and whilst it is disappointing that my Blaze failed at all, I really cannot fault Fitbit for such exemplary customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes