Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze stuck on odd screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there. Got a notification this morning to charge my blaze. Left it plugged in for a few hours and it appears to be stuck on a strange flashing colour screen. I'm not able to sync it or restart the device. I've attached a picture of the screen. Trying to restart the device has no effect by pressing left and bottom right buttons.

Can anyone help? It's less than a month old.

Thanks, Matt

fitbit-screen.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @unospace. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

I'm sorry that your old Blaze couldn't get fixed but I'm happy that you received your new tracker and that you're now back on track!

If you ever need more help, let us know and we'll be glad to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @unospace my at t ought is that 1 at the most 2 hours is enough, and a few hours is way to long to leave. It in the charger. While the fitbit does have a good battaery charging and monitoring circut, both on the unit and in the battery the little extra at from being in the charger that long is not good for the battery.

Now about the Blaze, if the two button reset did. not work, your best option is to let the battery die and the unit turns off. Since the screen is stuck on it should only take a few hours to accomplish this. There is a very good chance the Blaze will then work fine after starts back up.

Your other option would be to contact Fitbit but the replacement process will take longer. The contact link may also be found the top right of this page or under help in the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer

Hi @Rich_Laue,

Many thanks for the suggestion. I usually keep an eye on the battery level as the device charges.I've got it sat next to me on the sofa. I'll leave the battery to run down. Hopefully it won't take long with the display on pretty much constantly. I'll see how that goes once it's died and has had a recharge.

If not I'll contact support.

Cheers,

Matt

Best Answer
0 Votes

@unospace keep us updated. 

There are posts scattered around these forums where letting the battery. Or has fixed "wonky" trackers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Screen still on with the battery going strong. I've a horrible feeling it was fully charged before this issue. So it's a waiting game now.. Will update when it finally dies and gets a recharge. Thanks for the advice.
Best Answer

Hi all,

Quick update for you. As the device is going to sleep but each time I wake it up I'm presented with the awfully distorted screen I've emailed Fitbit Support about it.

I don't see the battery running anytime soon so in the mean time I've charged up my Fitbit Charge and am using that. I await the reply of support about this problem.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Will update again when I hear back from support.

Cheers,

Matt

Best Answer
0 Votes

Final update. Emailed FitBit support. Replacement pebble arrived this morning. Have applied the latest firmware and it's on charge. Nice to have a working Blaze again. Old one is still going strong with the broken screen. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @unospace. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

I'm sorry that your old Blaze couldn't get fixed but I'm happy that you received your new tracker and that you're now back on track!

If you ever need more help, let us know and we'll be glad to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @FerdinandFitbit Even I m facing the same issue and it’s 4 years old.How do u repair it?

Best Answer
0 Votes