Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze vs Fix Problems with Existing Products

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It's so sad that this company decided to push out another inferior product without addressing the problems that already exist in its existing product line. Now they just have another thing that you can wear that won't monitor your heart correctly, and you still can't export all the data (such as your heart rate) from the dashboard. You have to carry your phone around while wearing the Blaze if you want GPS and Fitbit will probably tell you that you have to strap the Blaze around your chest with duct tape if you really want accurate heart rate monitoring. What a waste of energy. There is already tons of competition in this space with watches that look better and have more functionality than the Blaze. Please Fitbit, either create something completely new and revolutionary or at a minimum, fix the problems you already have!

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23
If I want no distractions during the day, it's easy to swipe up on my iPhone and turn on Do Not Disturb (DnD). And I have DnD enabled everyday from 10pm - 6am. And Apple Watch respects DnD settings.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also like to avoid distractions, often don't take my phone and battery life is essential to me. 

That's why I use a Surge with the GPS disabled and intend to do the same with the Blaze. Now that I have set an accurate stride length I find the Surge is accurate at tracking distances and I have never seen a need for a map of my route at the expense of diminished battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I've only completed 2 runs with the Blaze so far but on those runs the connected GPS failed for some reason and the Blaze measurement was off by 24%, which was detrimental for splits and average both. Those were runs I focused on speed and 6'19'' on the Blaze vs 4'30'' on my Microsoft Band 2 (which is pretty accurate) is a massive difference. I can't imagine the Blaze getting that accurate with stride length only, my impression is stride length varies by terrain, e.g. I take greater strides downhill.

Which is why I'm going to have a keen eye on connected GPS working properly. If it can't do that reliably then it's worthless to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aredhel I suggest measuring and adjusting your stride length and then giving it another try. Hope that helps to improve the distance and pace you're seeing. Try testing it at a track or somewhere that you know the exact distance for.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes