Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze vs Vivoactive

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
They both retail about the same... What's everybody think?
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

It's great to see you around @Mfields. I recommend checking what are the benefits that you will have if you purchase a Fitbit Blaze and you can also check what features are you going to have with a VivoActive.

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you talking about the new Vivoactive HR that is coming out? It's 250. Anyway, if you are, here are my thoughts. 

Basically the Blaze is more customizable to everyday events: work, gym, food with friends etc. The vivoactive is more utilitarian built. I think they both look good though. With that said, you will have more freedom with the VHR with regards to clockfaces and apps/widgets. Also, Vivoactive is waterproof and has built in gps. The blaze has neither.

Best Answer
I originally considered Blaze vs Vivoactive (not HR). But I'm open to discuss to both. I'm frustrated with the Blaze that I own. A buddy of mine at work has the Vivoactive (not HR). Vivoactive is waterproof and has built in gps. The Blaze has neither. The Vivoactive has more clock faces which the Blaze has lacked since it release. The "get your <blank> up and move" feature just released with the latest firmware is still half baked. I will say that the Blaze looks better than the Vivoactive (not HR). Presently a noted tech sales website has the Vivoactive (not HR) for less than $180.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You got to weigh the pros and cons.

I like some of the stuff about the vivoactive HR- and was considering it in the future- but I decided not to.

Here is why.

1. Garmin ecosystem (social aspect) is a little behind.  Not many of my friends have one-  cant compete with them, etc.

2. It wont work with my business casual dress code at work.  Its too "sporty/plastic".   So I went with the blaze and am happy.  IM sure fitbit will fix the minor issues with it over time.

Best Answer

I was asking the same question! I just bought a vivoactive (not HR) and kept thinking whether or not to get the Blaze instead. I am not so trialthlon heavy that I must use the Vivoactive (and the HR one is way too big on my wrist, the Vivoactive (not HR) is already the perfect size and I can't have it extend any longer).

Here's what the pros and cons for both for me. I am STILL torn. Fitbit though is more classy looking and I guess I could also log other stuff manually.

Garmin Vivoactive
Advantages:

• Built in GPS
  • Hiking tells me details of where I am going, waypoints and such
  • Waterproof for swimming (I swim 1/12 months a year)
  • All notifications (incl. third party such as Facebook, whatsapp, etc) I use the iPhone

Disadvantages:

• Dimmed backscreen
  • No heart rate built in
  • Heavy for trialthon users - no real widget for general workout

Fitbit Blaze
Advantage:

• Nicer watch face/light sensor for good visibility
  • Heart Rate Built In
  • Multi Sport (elliptical, yoga, etc) - I play soccer once a week
  • Better sleep tracking I think
  • Awesome community and app interface (I can log my swims, food there instead of going to mfp for example)

Disadvantages:

• No built-in GPS, which I think it's okay - lately I've been running with my phone. I always bike with my phone
  • Not waterproof (although I only swim 1/12 month a year)
  • Limited notification (iphone only has SMS, Calls and Calendar. I get most of my messages through whatsapp, fb, wechat, line etc) - this is HUGE for me
  • Hiking - not sure how good it is with connected GPS on elevation

Did you decide which one you wanted to go for? I would be so curious! 

Best Answer