Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze went dead

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I synced my blaze last night and mid way through it went black. Now it won't turn on at all, even after charging all night. It's still dead now.

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

I have the same problem Tony and I was told at Best Buy that the only solution is to get a new watch. Planned obsolesence?

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @TonyZR and @shyleesue thanks for stopping by.

Have you tried to restart your Blaze? If you haven't, I recommend restarting it by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

same issue and I tried these troubleshooting steps, didn't work

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @bltcubs! I'm sorry for the issue you're having with your Blaze's display. Thanks for the restart that you've done. I've shared your post with Customer Support, keep an eye on your inbox. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My Blaze went completely black. It is charged - I have green flashing lights on the back. I tried the restart and it did not work. It's less than a year old! Help!

Best Answer

Same here... screen goes black and after a while seems to be working. Syncing take a lot of time, suddenly I can't use my phone and headphones, I used the same phone and headphones for months, but suddenly stopped working my blaze, maybe after the last update?

I have tried all the suggestions in this forums and nothing helps... I blamed my phone's Bluetooth, as when I started the headphones the problem starts, but after a while it happens all the time, every morning I spend 15 minutes trying to make it work... as some guy here says, could be planned obsolescence? It has almost 1 year too... I love it, but if nothing works, I'll try to find another device

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told to hold the button on the left side and the one on the right
bottom in at the same time until the the fit bit symbol appears (less than
30 seconds should do it) and somehow it restores itself. It worked for me
and at least one other person. Best wishes and good luck
Best Answer

Hi there, I tried that hundred of times.... some times it works, and another it doesn't... 

As far as I have read, I think my device does not work, I will try on my wife's phone for a couple of days, to discard that my phone is the problem

Thanks for your help,

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Maricep! I've checked with our Support team and it seems that they are already troubleshooting it with you. 

It's great to have you here @etronm! Thanks for the details that you've mentioned. I've shared your post with our Support team, keep an eye in your inbox. 

Thanks for sharing your experience @shyleesue! I'm glad to hear it worked for you. 

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know that this is an older message to a user with a dead Blaze but it sure helped me today. My Blaze just died. By the way, it took my Blaze 15 seconds to show anything on the display but you were correct - hold the left and lower right buttons. Thanks!

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Holeman! Thank you so much for sharing what worked for you, I'm sure this can help other users as well. 

Hope I can continue seeing you around! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze died last night. It froze displaying the Fitbit logo so I thought I'd put it on the charger (it still had some charge at this point). When I next checked, it was dead. Attempted a restart by pressing left and right bottom buttons multiple times for 15-60sec but all I get is the vibration and then nothing. Any clues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get exactly the same, vibration but still blank

Best Answer

Ok so now I have done the bottom right and left hand button thing about 30 times, put in on charge, shook it around, banged it (gently!) on the desk and ......... it has come back to life. Lets hope this is a one off blip, it has been perfect up until now (2 1/2 years)

Best Answer

Ok so I went back to my retailer and they couldn’t get things going so replaced the watch. Let’s see how that goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

aah that's a good result. Mine, after a little last hurrah, is basically no longer working (now have "clock error", plus the heart rate monitor isn't working). With the lack of service / repair options I think it is time to replace but mine is actually nearly 2 years old so out of warranty. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked with my blaze thanks

Best Answer

I have tried the reset and it's not working. I've held every combination of buttons for up to one minute each. No luck.  Are there any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold button on left at same time as bottom right button for 30 seconds
until fit bit logo comes on
Best Answer