Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze will not charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze will not charge after buying a new charger, cleaning all points of contact and restarting the device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Mine for the first time will not charge today either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @harry_myers and @cmschmelzle.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix this battery issue. If your Blaze aren't charging, I recommend taking a look at the help article Why isn't my battery charging? and follow the instructions provide there.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

My fitbit blaze is not holding a charge.  I have cleaned the contacts, turned off the HR, notifications, constant sync, etc and after being on the charger overnight within 6 hours I need to charge the battery again.  How many years is the life of the Blaze battery?  I have had mine for just over 2 years.

Best Answer

Mine is in the same boat at the moment. 😞 Miss the times when my battery charge would last DAYS! Now I feel like its struggling to make it through one. 

Best Answer

My Blaze has stopped holding a charge.  It is just barely 2 years old.  I put it on the charger, it shows completely charged and then within a few hours is dead.  I've tried charging overnight, and longer.  Nothing helps.  This just started within the last month.  Is the battery only set to work for 2 years?  If so, I can't believe I spent this much on the device.

Best Answer
Mine was 2 years old in May, and the past month I have been having the charging issue. I agree it's too expensive to replace every 2 years.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Best way to fix it is to get a new unit through Samsung or Apple where they support their products. I have had nothing but trouble and after purchasing my Blaze, found out it had been discontinued just a month or so after purchase. The best part is that their warranty won't let you use your 50% off credit to upgrade to a comparable supported device... You can only get a lesser model. I agree with all the people stating that Fitbit does not stand behind their customers or their products for that matter. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps multiple times, trying different charging units, etc. Leaving it on charge 24 hours barely gets the clock to display for less than a minute then the empty battery icon. I have tried to restart the Blaze but it just goes blank then empty battery icon when I follow that procedure. Is there a way to replace the battery? I presume it is the cause of the issue.
Best Answer

Exactly the same thing happening to my blaze, 

ive also done all the “fixes” fully charged and within the hour battery is flashing low and blaze dies,...Still waiting for response from Fitbit,

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply.  I have done everything on the "Why isn't my battery charging" and it still doesn't charge. Hence the post on here to see if there was another solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all,

I hope you are doing fine. If you have already tried the instructions provide in this post and they didn't work, I recommend contacting directly our support team about this. For a faster response you can contact them via chat and before doing it, check our warranty policy.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.  I did finally contact customer service. And HOLY SERVICE!! She was incredible and helpful.  Unfortunately mine was no longer under warranty (just BARELY) And did anyone else notice they don't sell the blaze anymore? Customer service was great and I look forward to my new tracker. Did have to pay for it. (She gave me an elligable discount code) and it will have a NEW warranty 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes