Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't Sync or Update Software

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Samsung J7 phone and my Fitbit HR seemed to work just fine with it.  The Blaze on the other hand will not consistently sync and now it will not update the software.  I cannot locate the dongle to see if it will sync and update via computer.  I never ever had this issue with HR.

Is there a trade in policy if I wanted a different tracker?  I am not satisfied with the Blaze at all.

Valerie

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hey there @Sweetleaf5.  Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

If you're having problems updating your tracker because it doesn't sync, it's always safe to restart it  by pressing both the left and lower right  buttons together for 10-15 seconds. This will make your tracker to restart and if after this it still doesn't sync, you can try to set up your tracker as a new device. For that, make sure that you're going to the Account section and here you're choosing the option that says "Set up a new device" and follow the on-screen instructions.

When it comes to trading your tracker for a different one, I don't think that's an otion right now so if you're still under the return window which is 45 days, you can totally return it to get a refund and choose a different tracker that you like.

Let me know if you still need more help with this.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Another thing to try @Sweetleaf5 would be to use the charging cord to update through the PC. Set it up as if you where charging the blaze with the pc and start the uodate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted my fitbit several times and it did not help with the sync or the update.  At this time (Tuesday 10/04/16 0732 am) it says the last sync was yesterday at 7:55 pm.  I then put the fitbit in the charger box, connected it to my laptop - trie to sync and update again via the phone app.  No luck.  I have turned on and off the bluetooth. 

I do not see a sync or update on the fitbit dashboard or account web-page.  Am I missing it?

Next I tried to add a new device and the phone either says that it does not "see" the device, or it says that it is "connecting" but never does, I then get a message saying "Update Failed".

I'm lost and this fitbit does not work - I am very disappointed especially since I had very good luck with my 1st fitbit that was recalled as well as with the HR.

Best Answer

@Sweetleaf5 I have the same problem upon waking in the morning, it is still stuck on the previous day.  If I go to the app on my phone and touch the blaze icon in the upper left corner, scroll down to sync now it will then sync it to the new day.  You could try this, although to me it should sync automatically which is what mine is set to: All Day Sync so I am not sure why it does not update each morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is stuck on that time also. I have tried numerous ways to get it to sync but nothing works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

As of now my fitbit will not sync on the phone at all anymore because it says I need to update the software, yet it won't update the software when I have tried.  I tried on the phone app many many times, I tried to look on the computer and didn't see any option to update, I plugged the fitbit into the computer and no luck there either.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone.  It will not update the software no matter what I have tried.  any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sweetleaf5 to update through the computer you will need the Win10 app, or Fitbit connect. This update may be down through Bluetooth or the charging cable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No idea if this will work, but it worked for me.  After many, many failed attempts, while I was updating the software, i had to keep both the Blaze screen, and my Phone screen set not to sleep so that the screens stayed on during the update.  The phone also had to have a WIFI connection.  

After about an hour, it finally worked using the above method!  

Hope that helps!

Best Answer

My Blaze will not consistently pair with my Samsung 7.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes