Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't hold a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, recently my Blaze won’t hold its charge. I charge, receive notifications, battery is full and “misses you”, then within an hour or two is shut off and battery is dead. I charge (it shows red battery), get the full charge notification and within an hour is completely dead. Same thing with overnight. Charge before bed, dies before morning. I turned off the auto sync and notifications and no change. I think my Blaze is dying but I’ve only had it like a year- if that. Are there known defects? Who should I contact regarding this issue?

Thanks so much!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

A warm welcome to the Community @Erinruns.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. Since after the steps you tried, you keep having battery issues, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team for them to take a deeper look at this, please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra, the support team reached out to me timely, but told me my 1 year warranty expired in April and it’s May. So they gave me 25% off another blaze but they still didn’t explain why mine broke just after a year or what I could do to extend the life of my Fitbit. I wanted to know if I had a faulty Fitbit or is this the norm. Since there was no urgency or option to replace, I think it’s nornal for them to die just after warranty. I’m hesitant to purchase another one because I don’t want to invest yearly in a new fitbit. I had expected this product to last longer. When I asked about the life expectancy of a Fitbit  they said the new ones have improved longevity, but the new ones are $200-$300 and that seem a bit too much to gamble on the word of the support team. So I’m just not sure what to do. Thanks for your help though, Erin 

Best Answer
0 Votes