Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't sync or update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My traker won't sync, did as article said and now it's " unable to comunicate"... very disappointed with this expensive tracker!!! Might need to return it and go back to jawbone

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Which phone do you have?  I had similar issues and after spending an hour with tech support, they told me the Blaze was defective, so I returned it to Best Buy today and worked with a Geek Squad representative.  We eventually got a replacement Blaze to complete the Setup, but not through by Microsoft Lumia 950 Windows 10 phone.  We had to use an iPhone to set it up and now my phone synchs with it (after the initial setup).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Amerzgood, im not sure what article, no reference goven, that is being reffered yo or what has been tried.

First question, are you trying to sync or do a firmware update?

Has yor tracker been setup, or does it have the setup message?

Restart Bluetooth

Restarted the tracker

Restarted the device your trying to setup through?

Made sure the Fitbit software is up to date?powered off/turned on the device your using to sync/update/setup the tracker with.

Do you get any error messages?

Oh what device are you usinf to sync/update the tracker?

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Amerzgood@Lumia950Windows and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you keep having problems syncing your tracker? If you do, please be more specific, are you trying to paired the device or just are trying to sync? Also, please tell me where are you trying to do this, from a computer or phone? If it is from a phone, which phone you have? Check our list of compatible mobile devices and search for the one you have. 

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
I'm trying to sync it, my phone is a samsung 4 active
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying to sync my Fitbit Blaze to my Samsung S4 Active I have current and up-to-date software on both my phone and my Fitbit. It still does have trouble connecting when I try to do it via Bluetooth it says that it cannot communicate with the Fitbit it does recognize that it is there but cannot connect to it. It says that the Fitbit will not communicate

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently trying to sync my Fitbit Blaze to my Samsung S4 Active both have up-to-date software. I try to connect via Bluetooth and my phone can see the device but it will not communicate with it. It says the Fitbit will not communicate or allow communication. I have already lost a couple days due to it not syncing I've currently been able to have it sink once or twice in the past one two days but still have lost quite a bit of information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phones blue tooth days it can't communicate,  the app.  Says it can't find the fit bit... but it try and says syncing for split seconds at a time before ultimately saying it can't find

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @Amerzgood. If you continue having problems syncing your tracker, I recommend following the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post. Also, could you please tell me if you are seeing any type of error on the app or tracker?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I had the same problem with my Blaze not being recognized nor syncing. I tried everything; reset, reboot (cell & Blaze), shutdown Blaze, reconfigure, Bluetooth classic on and off, 10 sec. reset thing etc... nothing worked until I shut off the WIFI on my phone. Suddenly it paired and synced right away. I've put back the WIFI on and it worked fine.

I'll have to see if the next time I experience the same problem, if it will do the trick but it fixed my problem for now.

Best Answer

Those are great news @InExtremisWoman Very Happy

I am glad to hear that your tracker is now working without an inconvenience and thanks for sharing the steps you followed to do it. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Happy stepping. Woman Wink

Best Answer

Mine never worked correctly now it won't even take the charge 😞 not happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this post is from 3 years ago, but I've been trying for like 2 weeks to sync the time on my watch. Texts and alerts came through fine, it was just the time. THIS TOTALLY WORKED! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes