Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since recent update all screwed up.  I am having big issues with sync.  Disgusted 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi there @Ginnypi, welcome to the Community Forums. 

While reading your post I was wondering if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

If your mobile phone is included in our list of supported devices, please follow the troubleshooting steps provided at: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Give this a go and let me know the outcome, I'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. It is just since the update a few weeks ago. I'll keep working
with it
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Blaze.  None of the troubleshooting tips are helping to get it to sync.  For awhile I could get it to sync again temporarily with a phone restart, but it would stop again by the next day and say "device not found."  Then I tried un-pairing and re-pairing - same thing, works for a little while, then stops syncing again. I'm using an LG G5 running Android 7.0.

Best Answer

Iv'e had a Fitbit since 2015 but made the switch because I got tried of being told to try everything "under the sun" to fix them. 

I have a Blaze and a Versa and I can't get either one to work since the August updates or the new Update that just came out. My Versa is stuck on me entering the 4 digit number and then i get an error stating "The Operation could not be completed. (com Fitbit error 500)"   What the Hell is that suppose to mean? 

I get the same error on my Blaze and when I cancel the set up, it stuck on Aug 24, @ 2:10 ... that's a good 6 hours off.  HR is still not working on either. 

I got so frustrated with Fitbit that I went and got an Apple Watch. It's taking some time to get use too but i love it. I went for the Apple 4 with just GPS.  I didn't want the 5, it's too new, so the 4 was the best idea for me.  I love it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Apple Watch WiFi 4 too, Have it for half a year. On just fitness the only difference is GPS = no need for phone. Better Spotify control from an iPhone (no Android support). But its not a big difference between the two devices, And the Fitbit Blaze have inbuilt sleep tracker.

My reason to switch to Apple Watch is that the manage to charge Fitbit Blaze drives me crazy. Horrible, a complete nightmare!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Blaze & iPhone SE. Sometimes is Blaze mentioned twice in phones' Bluetooth section, most of the time however not mentioned at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same. What helped me last night is to delete the Blaze within the fitbit app (I lost information not synced at that time) and thereafter add the Blaze in the app. It helped last night, don’t know the status at this time...afraid to check 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a real pain. I have to shut my phone off and restart more than I like
Best Answer
Have you tried my solution? It works (at least for me...)
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes. The latest with the odd and annoying colors doesn’t sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a new Samsung S10 and my Blaze will not sync with the app now. The app and Blaze are both up to date. The blaze pairs and connects with my phone, but won't sync with the app. I've followed the troubleshooting tips already. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issues with synching. 

When I go into settings on my blaze Bluetooth classic shows as off. I turn it to pair and then 5 mins later it is back to off again!?!? This is only since the latest update - I have a galaxy s7 phone.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I totally understand how you feel. We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the syncing issues. 

If your device is compatible, but the issue persists. In order to solve this, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Blaze and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" or "Unpair".

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. 

If the issue is not solved after the above steps, please take a look at the help articles: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? or  Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have this same phone (G5) and basically the same issue.  It just worked without any trouble for months then the update that changed the dashboard broke automatic syncing.  I really want the old version back.  

Best Answer
I know
I have to go back and forth on the app, reboot and stand on my head.
Best Answer
0 Votes

MarreFitbit,

I don't see the LG G5 listed among the compatible android devices.  The G5 was released 3 years ago, but I see several Android phones on the list that are 4 years old, and some iPhones that are 5 years old.  Do you know why the G5 is not supported any longer?

Best Answer