Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze wont sync!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

EDIT:  After working on the phone with tech support, I was told the fix is to unpair from bluetooth, turn off bluetooth, restart the phone, go into fitbit app, repair bluetooth through notifications, and then it will sync.

I am having to do this multiple times a day just to keep my tracker synced up.  VERY ANNOYING AND NOT AN ACTUAL FIX TO THE PROBLEM.  They act like it isnt a big deal and that its 5 little steps.  But 3 + times a day, it is the most annoying thing ever.  Plus, it defeats the purpose of having it for notifications if they hardly ever work!

I can't seem to keep my Blaze synced to the app.  I have "All day sync" turned on, I even try to manually sync it and it does not work.  I got my product 3 days ago and have had nothing but issues.  I am new to the blaze personally, but am not new to fitbit or technology. 

To get it paired I had to restart it, delete it from the app three times.  I then had it connected for 2 days, and then it wouldn't sync again, so I turned off my phone, restarted the fitbit,and it worked for a day.

Now it is doing the same thing again, and I am wanting to just get rid of it as I never had any of these issues with my original fitbit force, charge hr, or alta.

I am using a Galaxy S7 Edge, up to date on latest software.  My Blaze has been updated to newest software, and my fitbit app is up to date.  I work in a store that sells fitbits and help people get them paired up and working all the time so I am very familiar with the process and troubleshooting, but I am very stumped and frustrated! 

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

What version of Android are you running on your phone?  FitBits are known to be a little tricky with Android 6.0 or 6.0.1.  I have a Droid Turbo running 6.0.1, and just bought a Blaze and couldn't sync it after trying for nearly two hours.  And I work in IT, so I consider myself pretty resourceful with technology. 

I boxed it up, and thought I'd give it another shot.  And I just now got it to sync with my phone.

Here's how.

1. Go to your phone.  Log out of your fitbit app.  Uninstall it.

2. Wait a few minutes and then reinstall it from the Google Play store.

3. Log into your fitbit app.  I accepted the new dashboard, but that shouldn't matter much here.

4. Go to Account Settings within the FitBit App

5. Scroll down to Advanced Settings

6. Set "Automatic Location" to "Yes."  Mine was set to "No"

Phone Settings

My phone's location settings were already on, which is required for syncing.  However, my FitBit app's location settings were not.  There's that added detail now with Android 6.0 or 6.0.1.

1. Open your phone settings

2. Scroll down to "Apps"

3. Click the gear icon in the top right, which should display now the "Configure Apps" menu

4. Click on "App Permissions"

5. You should see an option called "Location."  On my phone, this was beneath "Contacts" about 5 down from the top

6. Click on "Location" and you'll be given a list of all your applications

7. Scroll down to FitBit and enable Location Permissions.  Mine was set to "No" by default.

Back out of this menu back to your home screen.  Confirm your location settings are turned on for your phone, but I'm assuming they are.

Go back into the FitBit app to try syncing your device again and it should work instantly.

Hope that helps you.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I am trying to set it up. Sorry.

Bonnie Gelke

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes that is what I was told but that has been the solution to the problem, technical support was giving me all the wrong answers. I paired it with classic and it remedied EVERYTHING WRONG

Best Answer
0 Votes

this information is not true as to the latest update most everyones blaze will not sync anymore without following the steps I have stated and FIT BIT marked it as the correct resolution.  it has solved all of the issues thus far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think there's two components to the syncing issue with Android 6.0 or 6.0.1.  First is with Fitbit.  It's true that the Bluetooth settings on the watch must be set to Pair rather than Classic.  But, pairing the watch with your phone is only half the battle.  In order for the FitBit app to see the connection, the FitBit app must be allowed to view your location, which is integrated with Bluetooth Settings in the latest version of Android.  To manage this, you have to go to your phone's Settings --> Apps --> Click the gear --> Select App Permissions --> Location --> Change the FitBit app's setting to "Allow" or move the setting to the right.  

I've kept my Blaze's bluetooth settings on Pair for the last two days I've had it working now, and it syncs with my phone instantly, and has kept everything in good working order.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am using oneplus 3 with android n ...i am also facing similar problem ....hope they fix it quick enough 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i did what you said - it is now paired, thanks!

but i'm still not getting my text messages which i was yesterday, but my android updated this morning and now i no longer get my texts to my blaze. **ahem**.

Best Answer
0 Votes

but WHY -- after months of working fine -- does it NOT pair with Blaze and now needs to pair with Classic Blaze???

Best Answer
0 Votes

On your phone, open the FitBit app

Click "Account" in the lower right corner

Click on the Blaze icon in the middle of the screen - it'll say when your Blaze last synced with your phone

Click Notifications

Click "Text Messages"

Change the default messaging app you use to get your messages to the one listed there.  By default, it's set to the Android Stock Text messaging app.  I have mine defaulted to Google Hangouts.

Hope that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since your Android updated check your permissoons, make sure the phone settings - sound - show on lock screen is enabled.

Check the app settings.

Also since the app waa installed into am older OS you might have to uninstall fitbit and install a fresh copy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine! Woman Happy

I would like to know if you keep having problems syncing your trackers? If you do, I recommend following the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post. Keep in mind that your phones need to be compatible mobile devices in order to sync 100% with your trackers.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone is compatible. It worked for about 1.5 weeks then it failed to
notify me of emails/phone calls/texts and worked only as a run of the mill
tracker. I will have to call, again, with my case #
Best Answer
0 Votes

After the last update I had have this issue with my Blaze as well. None of their tips/tricks work. Turning my phone off and on and going through all those steps is not a fix! I've had my Blaze since Dec and never had an issue till this last update.

Best Answer
0 Votes