Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blazes having issues after iOS recent updates

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It all started with one of the last three or four iOS updates. My Blaze was working totally fine. I’ve used it to link Strava for long runs, even my last 50k. Now, my app shows its fully charged, the watch shows fully charged, and I barely get 3 hours out of it. It did at mile 11 of my 16 mile run today. - not happy-

and notifications are hit or miss, some I get, some I don’t.. but all incoming calls continue to vibrate and won’t stop. It has also died the last 3 nights so no sleep data, which is important for me as I do heart rate training and if I don’t see an average resting heart rate, it’s hard to tell if my rest days are productive. I’ve had the Blaze for a few years, I hate that we spend so much on a throw away watch. It’s like the newest one comes out and a nuclear switch goes off and makes the old devices not work. Any suggestions? I feel like I’ve tried everything. 

thanks! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello there @Jennifer_a_gray, thanks for stopping by. I totally understand how you feel in regards to the inconveniences you've been having with your Blaze lately. I appreciate you've taken the time to troubleshoot your device prior to contacting us.

If the battery on your Blaze is draining quickly, I'd recommend taking a look at the tips and recommendations provided at: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? 

About the notifications, since you receiving notifications sporadically, please make sure that your Fitbit app is updated to latest version. If you recently updated to iOS 13, you may have to adjust some settings on your iPhone or iPad. For more information, see: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

On the other hand, if you heart rate is not showing on your Fitbit app, please follow these steps to clear out the Safari cache on your iPhone:

1. Open the Settings app, and scroll down to the fifth group of options (with Mail at the top). Tap Safari.
2. Scroll down again and tap 'Clear History and Website Data'.
3. Tap 'Clear History and Data'.

4. After this is done restart the app and check the heart rate tile for any changes. 

Also note that sleep stages are based on heart rate data, so make sure that you're getting a solid heart rate reading , since sleep stages requires consistent HR. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight. Also, double check that your watch is charged up. 

Additionally, I'd recommend checking the following that could be preventing you from receiving sleep stages:

• If you used the "Begin Sleep Now" option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern. 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having a similar issue mostly just with the calls. If someone call me my blaze continues to vibrate even after I answer and then will vibrate off and on the whole call. The only way to stop this is to turn the call notifications off. Not something I wanted to do but might be my only option. Any fixes?

Best Answer

Hello there @Mcooper79, welcome on board. Thanks for letting us know about this issue and how you been able to stop it. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I am having similar issues.  My blaze quits working part way thru the day but when I put it on the charger it shows that it is fully charged.

I also cannot receive texts on my blaze since the IOS 13 updates.  I have tried all the steps on the community forums to no avail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Everything that’s been said! I love my blaze but I’m tired of the endless vibrating when on a call and the hit or miss text messages!! Please fix this issue! It’s been going on far too long. 

Best Answer

Any update on a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope. And mines still glitchy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, Fitbit was able to remotely watch my tracker and said they can see it’s not functioning properly, so they offered me 25% off a new one.. but I wrote back it’s cheaper on Amazon or at Kohl’s right now.. and I’m a little upset they can’t offer a replacement. Only one of the HR lights works so I don’t get an accurate reading, it doesn’t track my sleep and the battery dies constantly.

dōTERRA Wellness Advocate
Www.mydoterra.com/Jenniferagray
330-285-4198
Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe I should email fit bit directly. See if I can get anywhere

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been.. they basically offered me a 25% off coupon and told me that I
expected the life of my watch to be longer than it was.
Best Answer
0 Votes