Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Classic Pairing Issues Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I seem to always have this problem and I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Android issue cuz my SO doesn't have this problem with his iPhone. In the setting on the Blaze, I have an option for Bluetooth Classic and it's always "off". I can choose "pair" but then what?? Nothing happens. So I get no text notifications or music control. It does pair with the app on the phone for stats though. Anyone???Smiley Mad

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163
Yes I’ve tried this too I turn off all other Bluetooth on other devices around the house my phone and Blaze are the only device.....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

After making sure fitbit app is only on your phone (delete fitbit app from all other devices) as well as disabling blue tooth on all other devices except phone, i would re-sync fitbit to my phone.  I would also delete and reinstall fitbit app on your phone, as well as restart your phone. This is what i had to do to get it to work, including entering in a new 4 digit code to sync my fitbit to my phone, as if i was installing/syncing for the first time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes as I explained earlier I will do all this get it working then go out on my bike think yeah I’ll use my swanky watch now it works tap screen and nope it says ‘check fitbit app’

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

hmm. One other thing that i had to do, and would also recommend, is turning off/disabling all your back ground apps that are non-essential, which may mean disabling just about every app! I did this as a process of elimination to find out which app was interfering with my fitbit app. In my case it was FB & FB messenger. Although, there are many other apps that can interfere with your fitbit and keep it from working properly. Not saying that is the problem in your case, but worth doing when all else fails. Last, make sure that your phone is not visible to other devices, and it is not looking for other blue tooth devices, as this could be keeping your fitbit from communicating and/or syncing with your phone. One other thing, I assume that you have turned on the notification widget as well as the encryption setting?

Best Answer
Its kind of you all and thank you all for help but I’m thinking I’m not going to use my Blaze for exercise as it’s just too stressful. I really just want to press a button and have it happen which I don’t believe is possible..... I would be happy if I could get a refund or exchange for another type of Fitbit I had a Fitbit Charge HR which worked perfectly and never gave me any issues or problems so so disappointed with Fitbit Blaze it’s beautiful to look at but not fit for purpose really unless I’ve got a duffer but listening to you all Fitbit have shortchanged us with this particular model....

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Sorry for all your issues! I would try and return for a new one if possible. My friend just returned hers and it fixed the issue she was having. I have had fitbit(s) for quite a while, and almost every model had some minor issues, but i was always able to fix. I have had a blaze for about a year and a half, and the biggest issue has always been syncing, or lack thereof. I think that is because it is a more complicated device that is supposed to do more things for you, but in the end it can just cause more frustration. I still have to fuss with mine once in a while, but for the most part, I am happy with it. Before you give up, i would try syncing to a different phone if you have that option (perhaps ask a friend to use their phone) to see if same issue happens on a different phone. Good luck to you! 🙂

Best Answer

I FIGURED IT OUT!

Same thing was happening to me on my Droid Turbo 2, told me the PIN was wrong even though nothing ever popped up.  How to fix it: turn WiFi and location OFF.  As soon as I did this, the PIN popped up on both screens.  Not sure why and not sure which one actually did the trick, but try turning them off to pair and then turning them back on after they're done.

Best Answer

@tuttya if you have setup the Blaze through an iOS device, you should not be seeing the blaze classic option at all. IOS does not use Blaze classic at all. 

Blaze classic is only used for music control on an Android or windows phone. 

If your getting the check Fitbit while in a run. Check the following. 

Bluetooth on? 

Phone has Internet? 

On android you want Fitbit notification services enabled, I don't know about iOS with this. 

Best Answer

Same thing, got mine yesterday. BT stays on but it keeps saying “tracker cant sync - turn on BT”

I have to load a new blaze in app then “replace device”. Have had to do it 4 times. Have done all the 4 steps they recommed to no avail. 😞

Best Answer

@MaryDeanna normally if I. Says to turn the phones Bluetooth on and I. Is already on, I suggest turning Bluetooth off / on.. If that doesn't work I'd go into the phones settings app permission and revoke fitbits access to Bluetooth. Next time you sync it will ask for permission. 

Best Answer

Was given a blaze today, won't pair to classic for anything, pairs to the normal one bit but sucks I can't change songs with it.     Synced to the iPhone x so guess the turbo 2 isn't compatible like the list says. 

Glad I didn't have to pay for this thing or I would send it back.

Best Answer
Welcome to the disgruntled..... I gave up with classic and took it off the pairing list and now at least it pairs and works on the exercise function 70% of the time without issues.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

ThkyouUhfor mentioning the phone type @tuttya and @Mca90guitar since you both mention an iOS device. .Your Bluetooth ClassichasClbeen disabled. IOS uses the Bluetooth Low Energy for everything including music control .

I would read the troubleshooting docs .

The exercise uses BTLE not classic. 

Best Answer
Tried the list and it's a no go for the turbo 2. Guess it's just not meant to be. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
Best Answer

Claire41   Thank you so much.  I could not get Blaze Classic to pair for a long time, but your solution worked.  Better job than what the moderators were saying to do.  

Best Answer
Glad I helped you out; don’t remember what I posted though 😉

J
Best Answer

@Mca90guitar Hey, see my response a few comments up.  Try turning off WiFi and location, then pairing.  That worked for me on my Turbo 2

Best Answer

Actually Bluetooth Classic does have everything to do with more than your music, it does receive the messages from rext.  it does help with updating your steps and hr and exercises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, but syncing of your data is strictly through Bluetooth Low Energy.

Notifications is strictly through Bluetooth Low Energy, and why the older fitbit models that do not have bluetooth classic can still sync and receive notifications.

@Claire41 the Blaze does not have any Wifi to be turned on,.

Best Answer

You're right, the Blaze has no WiFi.  I was referring to the WiFi capability on your phone.  Try turning that off.

Best Answer
0 Votes