Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth menu disappeared from blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The menu option to switch Bluetooth on and off has disappeared from my blaze, and it won't sync to my android phone unless I reboot my blaze a few times. 

Yesterday i updated the Fitbit app on my iPod and it asked for access to my blaze, which I gave. 

Good.... I can finally use the volume buttons to change music volume on my iPod 😁

bad.... I can't turn Bluetooth classic off (to save the battery) and my phone won't sync.

Before the app update on my iPod, my blaze would happily sync to my android phone and control my iPod music (play, pause, skip but not change volume) and I could switch Bluetooth on and off at will. Any ideas on how to fix this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hey there @KazJ. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community! 🙂

I would say that this has to do with the fact that your tracker is syncing with your Android device but is controlling music and probably receiving notifications from your iOS device.

In my case for example, I don't have a bluetooth option on my settings because I have my tracker paired with an iOS device and I sync and receive notifications and control music from there and for this reason, I don't have an option to turn on or off the bluetooth directly on my tracker.

With iOS devices, your tracker connects directly to the bluetooth on the phone without a problem. Now, in the case of Android devices, your tracker will connect to your regular bluetooth to sync your information but when it comes to receiving notifications and controlling music, this is done through the classic bluetooth. Now, if you've set up the notifications to be received from your iOS device, that bond that your iOS device and your tracker have will prevent your tracker from connecting to your Android device to recieve notifications and to be able to control the music.

What you can do in this situation if you'd like to control the music on your Android device again, is that you can go into your iOS device bluetooth settings, tap on the Blaze and hit the "Forget this device" option. Then go into your Android device and there, enable notifications and for music control, choose go to your tracker, go to Settings, turn on Bluetooth Classic and then go to the bluetooth settings on your phone and find the Blaze Classic option to connect to it.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you will not be able to control the music and receive notifications on both devices at the moment.

Hope this is clear enouth. If you have any question, let me know. I'll be happy to answer it for you!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply Ferdinand ... that sounds very complicated! It was so easy before the app update... I could always switch BT classic on and off from my blaze.

I only link my Fitbit to my iPod for music control, so I can play and pause my music while teaching bodypump, I don't have any notifications or any other connections with my Fitbit from my iPod, it's just a music player and I use it for just a few hours a week. 

I link my Fitbit to my android phone for syncing and monitoring my exercise, sleep, etc...  and use the android app all the time. I don't have any music on my android phone and I very rarely want notifications from my phone, so don't need BT classic on for my android. 

So basically I want to be able to sync my Fitbit to android and control music on iPod like I've been doing for the last few months, without messing about. That's it. It looks like once I've connected my iPod thru BT classic the option to switch it off again disappears and my android phone no longer syncs. This is a major pain. I appreciate I can now only link BT classic to one device at a time, which is fine, but I don't understand why I can no longer switch it off when I'm not using it and why it prevents my phone from syncing. Surely this will drain the blaze battery keeping BT classic on permanently? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @KazJ!

Yes, I'm afraid that that's they way it will work by now. My theory on this is that once you sync your tracker to your iOS device, the bond it creates will make the Bluetooth Classic option to disappear because it's connected to the iOS device. As I said before. I sync through an iOS device and I don't have that option. I guess that if I remove my Blaze from the connected bluetooth devices and I sync it to an Android device, I will get the Bluetooth option on my tracker again but will lose it right away if I pair it to my iOS device again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @FerdinandFitbit ....  after lots of messing about I've found a workaround!

If I switch Bluetooth off on my iPod, I get the Bluetooth option back onto my blaze and it will sync to my phone.

So whenever I need to control my music I switch the iPod Bluetooth on, re-pair to my blaze, then switch the iPod bluetooth off when I'm done. 

Not ideal but it seems to work. 

Best Answer

I'm so dumb... How didn't I think of this before? haha

You're totally right, you can simply turn off the bluetooth on the device you don't want to use and all the functions will be available on the other device. Thank you so much for trying that and sharing it here!

I'm glad things seem to be working fine now and if you need anything else, let me know! 🙂

Best Answer