Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not syncing to my Fitbit blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have woken up this morning and it won't connect to Bluetooth I normal rely on this to teach my classes and it can change the music on my phone I have tried started it again my phone connects to my beats headphones but still not luck I've tried forums not sure what to do? 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hey there @Composition98! Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! I'm happy to see you around! 🙂

The first thing I can recommend would be restarting your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. Also, try restarting your phone or at least turning the bluetooth off and back on and see if this helps.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I tried this and still nothing I went to a try a different phone and it won't connect to anything is it time to bin it and give up? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before you try another phone, you will need to turn through Bluetooth off on the first phone. You need to break the bond to the first phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It shows up on other phones by still don't connect to any of them or even mine

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem, after not using the Blaze for a while. Charged it up but it just won't sync. Tried the reset, tried turning the phone off, tried turning bluetooth and wifi off. It keeps starting to sync but the activity bar gets halfway across and jumps back to the start. It just keeps doing that for hours on end. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you managed to fix it yet or did you buy another?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you mean me, no not fixed and not bought another, but getting pretty cheesed off with it.

Took a different tack this morning and removed the Blaze from my account then tried to re-add it. Thought I was winning when Fitbit found my device and I got the 4 digit code to enter, however it has now been "Connecting to Fitbit..." for over 2 hours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whatis the process your doing to connect your Blaze? You keep mention phones and other devices. You need to be using the Fitbit app, not the phones Bluetooth settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I tried this and still nothing I went to a try a different phone and it won't connect to anything is it time to bin it and give up? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After getting very frustrated I contacted Fitbit Customer Services and they resolved my problem. There was a clash between the latest version of IOS (10.2.1) and the Fitibt's firmware. It was preventing me updating the firmware, which in turn prevented me from syncing.

My problem was fixed by removing the Blaze from my account (via my phone app), then installing the app on my iPad and adding my Blaze. As part of the set up it updated to the latest firmware, which then allowed my Blaze to sync.

Once updated I switched bluetooth off on my iPad, switched it back on on my phone and added the Blaze to my the app on my phone. Now all is working fine.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Composition98!

I'm very sorry about this situation and I want to thank you for taking the time to follow the instructions we've provided.

At this point I will go ahead and forward your case to our Support Team for them to take a look and hlep you out with this since none of the steps we provided worked.

Keep an eye on your inbox and anything else you may need, let us know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @DrewF. Thanks for getting back and thanks for letting us know that this has been fixed for you.

If you need anything else, let us know and we'll be happy to help you out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Trying to sync, blue line goes halfway and then back to the start. How do you fix that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I've had my Blaze for over a year and it has had a tough time syncing only lately. But today, it won't sync to my iPhone at all. I've tried all the recommended steps from the Help Articles, and those mentioned here, multiple times. What else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried running it via a separate device as I did (see post 11)? That was the only way I could do it after trying all the other hints.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the ipad trick worked - but a little differently. 

After I added the Blaze to my ipad, turned off bluetooth, then went to sync to iphone - it was already there and worked fine. 

Weird. But working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mics in you don't add a tracker to your phone, iPad, or device, the tracker gets added to your account. Then the forgot app will add it to your device. So when you logged into your fitbit account on the iPad the app then will add any tracker connected to your account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes