Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button on Blaze got stuck.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey!

My bottom volume button is stuck (or something) causing near constant notifications and major battery drain. I have carefully cleaned out around the button and used canned air to clean it out as was suggested in another post. But, it's still stuck.

What else can I do?

I rely on my fitbit while teaching yoga and need this to work. 

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @NickSaban, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for bring this to my attention and reporting your Blaze's behavior. 

I'd recommend to restart your Blaze by following the steps in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

In regards to the battery draining, let your device to run out of battery to charge it again. Keep an eye on it to see how the battery goes. You can also see: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hello and welcome to the forums @ktreighns 

There is no volume button on the Blaze. The left button is used in conjunction with the right lower button to restart the device. Have you been able to restart it at all?

Not sure about using canned air on the button. Where did you see that suggested?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, maybe you don't refer to it as a volume button.

It is the bottom button on the right side. From your home screen, you can swipe down, from here turn on and off notifications and play music. Swipe to the right and you get volume up and down using the right side buttons. This is why I called it a "volume" button.

It is also a button that when you hold it in, it pulls up your latest notifications.

It is also the button that, when held down in conjunction with the left button, will restart your fitbit.

Does that help clarify which button is having issues?

Here are forum posts that suggest the solutions that I have already tried:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/blaze-volume-button-sticking/td-p/2036552

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Lower-right-button-on-Blaze-not-working/td-p/3127285

I also have restarted my blaze and the issue is persisting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ktreighns  I've notified a moderator about your post. They might have some better ideas on how to unstick the button.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ktreighns have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Odyssey13, thanks for your insight about this situation. 😄

@ktreighns I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know you've already tried to clean the button using canned air. At this moment, if possible, try to clean the edges of the button with a toothpick, as it's possible some debris might have gotten caught in here, making the button remain pressed down. 

Give this a try and if you're still experiencing the same situation let us know so we can check this further. 

Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi @MarcoGFitbit !

Thanks for checking in. I have already cleaned out around the button with a toothpick. 

Any other suggestions?

Much appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @ktreighns.

I am sorry for the delay in respond. Since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 😉

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Not sure it's the volume button on my Blaze but the Notifications On/Off screen keeps popping up on it's own and my battery is draining very fast.  Does anyone know why?  All of the buttons appear to be okay.  They have the faint "click" when you push them which tells me they are not stuck.  Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi there @NickSaban, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for bring this to my attention and reporting your Blaze's behavior. 

I'd recommend to restart your Blaze by following the steps in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

In regards to the battery draining, let your device to run out of battery to charge it again. Keep an eye on it to see how the battery goes. You can also see: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

AE9AB2C4-28F0-47B1-B93E-ACD1496454FA.jpeg

My Blaze is doing the same thing as above. Bottom left button is stuck, I’ve cleaned around it, tried restarting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact problem here.   Tried restarting, tried cleaning the button.  It clicks when I press on it, but then after a few seconds it just keeps popping up the notifications and won't stop.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, I think this is a design flaw. The next version, the Versa, has
screen buttons instead of physical buttons so they won't get stuck. I don't
think there is a way to fix them. If you are still within your year of
purchase, I think they replace it. If you let them know loudly enough, they
will probably give you a discount code to get a new one.

That's all I got. Hope you find a solution that works for you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  I'm 90% sure it isn't a problem with the button physically, as it operates and clicks normally and there's nothing that is actually stuck about the button.  Also other people are reporting problems with the same button that are all happening around the same time, which points to a software issue.  I'd hate to throw the thing away, so I'm hoping there's a software fix in the works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So, there are actually two buttons. There is the button that moves in and
out that is part of the frame, and then there is the physical button on the
face that the external frame button pushes. It's the physical part inside
the face part that is getting stuck internally. Not the external part that
you push. That will go in and out like normal.

When you hold that button down, that's when it checks for notifications.
It's that internal part sticking that is constantly checking for
notifications. Which is super annoying cause it just constantly buzzes, but
it also wears the battery out super fast.

I know you want it to be a software issue, but it's really just a design
flaw and the parts breaking down with use. If you can get it to stop
checking for notifications and then just never touch that button again, you
will be fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I understand, but that's not the behavior I'm seeing.  I took the watch out of the frame hours ago, so I am not working with the button on the frame.   With the watch out of the frame, sitting on a table with no interraction at all, the lower right button will suddenly just act like it is being pressed.  And the notifications will start popping up.  I can clear them and then click all of the buttons and eventually the notifications will stop.  I will then leave the watch on the table with no interractions, and a few minutes (or seconds) later, the lower right button will show as being pressed (similar to the screenshot above) and the notifications will start up again.  The button itself is not being clicked or depressed in any way, and it behaves exactly as the other buttons do. 

That said, it sounds like there isn't a fix (physical or software) for the issue, so my best approach is to get a Versa 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, exactly.
INSIDE the face, there is a mechanical piece that gets pushed to connect
with an internal piece that makes the function happen. This should only
happen when you press the external button the frame. When it wears out, it
just gets stuck down internally not related to the external button, causing
the function to constantly happen.

Hope that helps explain what's happening.
Best Answer
0 Votes