Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife has a fitbit blaze.  Whenever she goes to sleep, she charges the device and doesn't wear it while sleeping.  Every morning when she wakes up, it already had something like 300 or 400 calories burned, even though she didn't wear it overnight.  It's a really annoying issue and as such means that she can't rely on the calorie counter number.  Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing is the total BMR calories burned since midnight. 

Best Answer

@mvillafana2002To add to @SteveH post, in many cases your BMR is normally 55-65% of your 24 hour Calorie Burned. If I have an average day, not quite get my steps goal it is 65%, meet my goal 60% and exceed it by about 20% it drops to 55%...

That is for walking only.. If I do some heavy gardening and minimal steps with plenty of above waist activity the BMR % drops to 50%... Getting ones HR up into the cardio area...

All activity in the Fitbit calculations includes your BMR and with the spikes of the HR (Blaze) when I get up at night for a bathroom break I even show activity calories there.  Smiley Happy 25 activity calories the other night.... It's a great insight into the amount of fuel your body needs even at rest...

This calculator can help you with your BMR because it uses the same equations that Fitbit use. It's only 5 calories different on my Fitbit BMR...

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer