Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned without the watch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I take away my Blaze every night to sleep because I don’t like to sleep with something in my wrist. However, every morning when I put my Blaze back I realize some calories burned (measured), like 400 or 500 calories, but in fact it is impossible once during all the night the watch was in the table. Important fact is that I take away before midnight, so after midnight the counters erase. It should be 0 (zero) on every measurements.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I think your Blaze is working fine.

As well as tracking calories you burn through activity, your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings (age, weight etc) so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing is the total BMR calories since midnight. There's more information on this here:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1381

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it.
In my point of view is inaccurate once is an estimation. How can something be measured outside my wrist? Moreover, it is impossible to someone burn 500 calories sleeping. The fact is that my daily tracking becomes unfair.

Thanks for the support but for me does not make sense.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Your BMR based on the idea that you are sitting or laying still, so a tracker is not needed for this measurement. Fitbit could remove this data, but how will it help those trying to loose weight? Take a look at a BMR calculater, BMR has a lot to do with weight, age, height, gender.
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
Best Answer
0 Votes

I take off my fitbit blaze every night and in the morning it shows I've burnt 1100 calories before I even put the watch on. what is up with that? Is the watch defective????

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mrref your fitbit is working fine. See my post #2 in this thread for an explanation 

Best Answer
0 Votes