Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit running distance on activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been running regularly on a sandy beach without my phone. I've noticed that the distance logged (based on stride length?) is inaccurate - especially when switching to running on the concrete instead of sand. The run distance, measured on Google maps, is 3.1 miles. Fitbit Blaze records it as 2.7. But there is no 'edit' icon on the logged activity to enable a simple correction of distance. Instead I have to delete the activity and enter the whole event manually. Surely adding the edit icon to all activities would solve this?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @MadJester. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that the distance for your activity was not recorded accurately. At the moment, it seems that this is an option available for iOS devices for some reason. I just checked a feature suggestion and it seems that this is not planned to be implemented on Android devices. You can see the feature suggestion here.

In the meantime, I'd recommend using the MobileRun option that will help you track your distance using GPS. For this, you will need to take your phone with you or you can also start the running activity on your Blaze making sure that it connects to your phone's GPS and the GPS data will be much more accurate.

Thanks for your comprehension and any other question you may have, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes