Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Fitbit app and or phone not found

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't get the Blaze to use the Phone GPS.  It says "Phone Not Found or check FitBit App".  It has a red icon with a line through it.  I'm on one plus 6.  Sometimes it connects after restarting blaze and my phone. But about 100 steps into the activity the gps is lost again with a red icon and a line through it. It's difficult to track gps enabled activities. It's quite frustrating. Please help. None of the topics were helpful

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @PuneetAmptek. Good to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your Blaze not being able to connect to your One Plus 6 phone's GPS.

I'd like to start by letting you know that I was taking a look at the list of compatible devices and it seems that the One Plus 6 is not a compatible device. When it comes to devices compatibility, keep in mind that the two devices that are for sure not compatible at the moment are the Huawei P9 Lite and the Huawei P8 Lite.

For all other devices, if they're not on the list of compatible devices, you might be able to sync with them but we don't guarantee that the functionality will be optimum as we are still testing on these phone models and due to the large number of Android and Windows devices, our team has not yet tested all of them.

That being said, I would recommend making sure that your phone OS is updated to the latest version as well as the Fitbit app. Make sure you're using the GPS function in an open area where tall buildings or trees will not block the GPS signal.

Hope this helps and if you have more questions, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear Ferdinand

Thanks for your reply. It's really sad that the blaze is not compatible
with latest Android phones in the market. People are more likely to change
their phones than their fitness/smart watches. If I am unable to track gps
based activities then this blaze device is of little use to me and a host
of others like me.

Your reply doesn't really help Ferdinand because I don't know now what to
do with my blaze. It's really disappointing and a big turn off.

Coming to the last part of your reply my one plus 6 is running on the
latest software. But I am not sure of the blaze though. Please advise how
to check. Besides I use the gps in open areas without any hindrance from
tall buildings and trees.

That being said kindly advise the timeline when blaze will be compatible
with one plus 6.

Thanks
Puneet
Best Answer
0 Votes