Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check fitbit app excercise error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my blaze for a week now everything has been working fine. When I select cycling it would pop up it top left corner connecting to phone and would connect and track my data perfectly. I was very impressed and pleased with the accuracy and information provided.

Then yesterday it didn't pop up and I pressed play thinking it was already connected but I noticed it didn't track with GPS just recorded time elapsed and HR. Then I tried it again this morning and in the top left it says connecting to phone then changes the message to a pink text saying check fitbit app. I checked and nothing. I even tried to do this whilst the app was open. Since then I have tried logging out of the app, disconnecting my blaze and reconnecting it. And the problem persists.

I have looked through other posts on the forums and can't find a solution.

Is there anyone that can help me ? 

Many thanks and kind regards 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

What always works for me is restarting the phone

Best Answer

I also began to receive the same message after weeks having the cycling app include a map and elevation. I cycle MWF. Map appeared consistently until May 31, then I began to receive the same error message about the fitbit app. Yesterday I reloaded the fitbit app on my iPhone, reloaded the fitbit connect on my computer, and removed and linked my Blaze. Still would not work. Today I turned off my phone and turned it back on and now it works. Really don't think it is something in the iPhone. I wonder if it was an update to software issued sometime within the last week to the fitbit app, to my Blaze, and to fitbit connect. Quite a coincidence that the exact same thing has happened to another user. Hmmmm? Will just have to remember to turn off and back on my iPhone after software updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had to replace my old Blaze that broke with a new one.  The old one worked great with the BIKE GPS syncing.  My new one will not work.  I have all of the problems you mentioned above and have tried all of the fixes you mentioned above and I continue to get the CHEK FIT BIT APP.   SOOOOOOOOOOO Frustrating..... The Blaze syncs with steps an updates but the GPS part is not working...That is why I purchased the Blaze again  because of the great BIKE app...What's up?  How do I get this to work with my Samsung 6.  I have removed the OLD Blaze and loaded new Blaze a few times and nothing.  Same problem over and over and over.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

My old Blaze bit the dust and would no longer charge...but EVERTHING WORKED prior to that.  Received my new Blaze and today I tried to use the Bike feature which I used countless times on my old Blaze.  I get the Check FIT BIT APP error over and over.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, locations are on, powered off and on my phone and everything else everyone has suggested and I get the same message .  Very FRUSTRATING!  I have a Samsung 6 and like I mentioned, my other Blaze worked fine.. this one is terrible...I bought this just for the Bike feature....and it's useless.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you receiving notifacations? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is what I did. These actions have resolved all my problems. GPS map through Google maps is back on my fitbit connect with speed and heart rate. I don't know which one, or which combination of actions worked. I deleted fitbit app from my iPhone SE. I turned the phone completely off. I deleted the fitbit connect program from my laptop (Windows 7). I turned the laptop off. I checked to ensure Blaze had the latest firmware update. I reset the Blaze by holding left button and bottom right for 10 seconds. I reloaded the fitbit app on my iPhone. I reloaded fitbit connect on my laptop. I synced and everything works fine. I suspect turning off the iPhone was the the key (likely cleared the cached data) but have not verified. I rode the bike with the cellular making new maps and caching them. Once cached you can ride with the cellular turned off to save data. The app will used cached maps. The cached maps will allow the app to fully function if you ride where there is no cell service. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes