Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing analysis in the Fitbit App?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've noticed this with both walks and runs, tracked from the app. When I look at the mile splits, I get something like the following:

image.png

As you can see, the last split seems much longer than all the others. However, if I look at the pace data (from the same exercise), what I see is:

image.png

As you can see from the upper trace, my pace is very even so the final split is undoubtedly wrong. The same incorrect last split also shows up on the phone app as well.

This is consistent in all walks and runs recorded (even though the data above was actually a tracked cycle ride). I've tried to reverse engineer how the app is getting to this with little success - I believe it is the app since the last split is never output to the 'voice cues'.

It's not as if it really matters (to me, anyway) - all I'm interested in is the overall pace for the exercise (which seems to be correct) but when I see something that doesn't make sense, it makes me wonder what is going on and if it's a symptom of a bug/'feature' that might be making other things record incorrectly, too, so I am a bit concerned.

Does anyone else see this behaviour or know what's going on here?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Your screen shots are unreadable on the phone @ChrisAtkins may I ask what the distance in the last entry is? If it is not a mile, that will explains what your seeing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Rich_Laue. Sorry about the image. I did it on a 'proper' PC!

Yes, the last distance is a fraction of a mile and I suspected that was the
reason, but I can't work out why it's doing that. Grateful for any insight
you can provide..
Best Answer
0 Votes