Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected GPS shutting down prematurely

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I've had my Blaze since Friday and have had problems several times while using Connected GPS. Everything worked fine on Friday - I recorded several walks with Connected GPS and everything worked as expected.

However, on Saturday I started recording two walks with Connected GPS and everything started off OK. Unfortunately, and on both occasions, at some point my Blaze came out of Connected GPS and returned to the regular clock mode. I didn't see this happen so I don't know exactly what happened. When I checked back on what had recorded everything looked OK up until the point when recording stopped.

Yesterday (Sunday) I ran a half marathon and everything worked perfectly. 

Unfortunately, today I started recording another walk and after only about 10 minutes the Blaze returned to clock mode. I didn't catch it exactly as it happened but when I turned my wrist to look at the display it was blank. A few seconds after that the Fitbit logo came up and the watch returned to watch mode.

As I specifically switched from the Surge to the Blaze for its ability to record very long GPS activities without the battery running down, it's going to be very annoying if this kind of problem keeps cropping up.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas as to what might be happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello everyone, I'm using an iPhone 6 and last weekend on a long run about 6 miles into it the Blaze suddenly stopped my run and completed it.  Was on my wrist and I did not touch any buttons. Very frustrating since I was far from done and my workout was now fragmented since it completed it, not paused it.  Anyone else having similar issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't had this issue so far.  Only issue i've had so far is that my phone and blaze sometimes takes a minute to find a proper gps connection.  

It kind of sounds like your phone and blaze wasn't syncing properly to connect.  have you had issues with this at all?  Or during your walks were you ever in spots you might have issues with connectivity?  

Also check out @EmersonFitbit's post to see if it will help you at all.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Connected-GPS-Information-Post/m-p/1196261#U1196261

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm sounds strange @emeddo. Is this the first time that something like this happens or has it happened before or after that again?

I'd say, at this point, try to restart your tracker by following these instructions just to make sure that any setting not working fine will correct itself with that. After that, try it out and see how it works and keep an eye on it to see if it happens again or not.

Let me know how it goes! Welcome to the Community! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had similar problems. 

My Blaze tracked a half marathon perfectly all of the way on Sunday but on three separate occasions (twice on Saturday and once yesterday) it stopped tracking walks I was doing. I'm pretty sure that I didn't press any buttons either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi kawaiiko,

As far as I can see everything was syncing perfectly right up until the point that the activities stopped recording. The GPS trail looks spot on. I suspect that my Blaze has been intermittently resetting as I've noticed the Fitbit logo popping up on screen randomly at times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive combined a couple threads that are on this subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sjstokes ill assume you mean tracking correctly,  a,sync is when the Tracker talks to Fitbut.com sending its data. 

Since it takes at least 3 to 4 presses or taps to go from recording a run and back to the clock face, i door think it is happening accidentally. 

Have you guys done a restart yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rich_Laue. Yes, it seems to track perfectly up until the point where it stops recording and returns to the clock face. When I go into the app to see what has been recorded everything looks as I would expect and there are no signs of anything going awry just before the activity is no longer being recorded.

I'm pretty sure that I haven't accidentally pressed any buttons and as you say, it takes several presses anyway. I did wonder if my sleeve might have pressed the left hand button but I've tried deliberately pressing that button anyway and it doesn't stop recording an activity anyway.

I contacted support yesterday and they've also suggested a restart. I've now done that and will see how I get on.

I do suspect that my device has been restarting itself of its own accord as on a few occasions I've seen the Fitbit logo come up on screen and the device has vibrated. I noticed this happening several times on Saturday which as it happens was the day when two activities stopped recording early.

Best Answer
0 Votes